radar detectors

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

not to mention cops dont use radar anymore they use lazer and the new lazer detectors are not fast enough

Old 11-04-2010, 02:09 PM
NOOB
January 2012 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

I bought the cheap ones and on flat roads, it works well. But when you hill driving and elevation changing roads, they go crap. But I don't really stop for cops in the hills because they have a darn Chevy Tahoe chasing you there. Not the normal cruiser Crown Victoria.... And it takes them a while to turn around in the hills with a barely wide enough 2 lane road.

If you think buying a radar detector is worth it, invest. If not, the best investment would be to make an adjustment to your foot to keep off the gas.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:26 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Buffalo02Z28
Radar systems are joke. I don't know why anybody would buy one.
buffalo02z28 is a joke i dont know why anyone would listen to him....

i think im going to go search on ebay. you guys are right if you buy a cheap one you fall into a false sense of security. thanks for the input

Old 11-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by SOM-V6
Lmao, agreed. I was looking into getting a radar detector as well, but apparently everyone is using laser now? Give it a couple years or so and there will be good laser detectors out there.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:33 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SOM-V6
Haha, this you and Darling's opinions. My feelings aren't hurt, but I am more knowledgeable than most.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

LMAO! Now that's funny. How many engines have you rebuilt? How much of your car have you torn apart and put back together? How many races have you won? How many cars have you test driven? How many cars you you bought yourself? You argue with guys like Gorn who has an infinite amount of experience and knowledge compared to you. Just saying you have more knowledge than most people does not make you knowledgeable. You don't gain knowledge without experience.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:45 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SprSSBalt
If you think buying a radar detector is worth it, invest. If not, the best investment would be to make an adjustment to your foot to keep off the gas.
This is the best solution. The thought of a bunch of sixer owners buying radars makes me laugh.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:00 PM
3rd Gear Member
Wink

Originally Posted by DarlingReject
LMAO! Now that's funny. How many engines have you rebuilt? How much of your car have you torn apart and put back together? How many races have you won? How many cars have you test driven? How many cars you you bought yourself? You argue with guys like Gorn who has an infinite amount of experience and knowledge compared to you. Just saying you have more knowledge than most people does not make you knowledgeable. You don't gain knowledge without experience.
I am pretty knowledgeable about the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Chevy small blocks. I've built a couple with my dad and we built transmissions and also taking apart and putting back together a Chevy pickup that we used to own that was always falling apart. I've also learned a lot from working with my uncles that work in body shops. As for the newest Gen 3 Chevy engines I'm just learning about them with my current Z28. I also know a lot by reading all sorts of manuals, magazines, and building books. This is quite some experience for a 19 year-old. I would assume that this is more than most. Quit challenging me Darling, its getting old.

Last edited by Buffalo02Z28; 11-04-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Maybe if you stopped being so close-minded about the only cars worth anything are ones with LS1s in them, then people would respect all this so-called 'knowledge' you have. And I'll challenge you as much as I like, NO ONE tells me what to do.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:18 PM
3rd Gear Member

Haha, I've never told you to do anything. I've only stated my opinions and that is what this forum is all about. If I didn't care about others' opinions, I wouldn't bother logging into this forum. I do like V6 Camaros. They make good daily drivers and they're nice cars, but not much use for them performance-wise.

Last edited by Buffalo02Z28; 11-04-2010 at 04:26 PM.

Quick Reply: radar detectors