Quick Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 09:21 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Quick Introduction

Hello all, just wanted to take a moment of time to properly introduce myself after spending a lot of time lurking through this subforum area.

I am a new owner of a 4th Gen Camaro that used to belong to my mother. I just took ownership of a 1999 Camaro Coupe in Mystic Teal Metallic, with the 3.8 L engine. It was a daily driver for her since it came off the lot. It's been sitting for nearly 6 months as her health declined. Currently sitting at just under 50,000 miles, and I had to buy a new battery a couple of weeks ago (to replace the ORIGINAL!). Currently trying to get smarter on the little thing as I've been a full size pickup owner for 30 years. I'm in the process of trying to tune it. Can't complain though it's getting 25 MPG and still has a little bit of "zip" to it. Hopefully I can find the rest of the 200 HP during the tune up.

Thanks again for allowing me to read through a professional site full of serious Camaro enthusiasts.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:58 AM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

sounds cool...you should probably learn now that we demand pics on introductions, lol.

welcome to the forum and hope you learn all you want to know while here!

Old 02-12-2010, 11:32 AM
2nd Gear member

Welcome aboard!You should find a wealth of info among these pages.Ans if you dont find the info you need...just ask.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanks...and yes I've been properly scolded on the pic issue. Don't you make exceptions for "old people?" Anyhows, I'll get some pics once I get it cleaned up, I just replaced the left front fender and then found out that Chevy no longer makes my paint. Sherwin-Williams (original manufacturer) can make some but it's pretty pricey for just touch up work. I'm open to suggestions...

Old 02-12-2010, 02:38 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

being its a camaro i would advise u go with having the whole car done. red and black. lol. kidding. so a picture would help. lol. a good painter can fade the paint to look like it matches. welcome to the forum.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:40 PM
4th Gear Member

Welcome aboard. Good luck working on the car. No suggestions on the paint. I am assuming I will might find out the same when I get ready to have some paint work done on a 97.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 1stindoor
Thanks...and yes I've been properly scolded on the pic issue. Don't you make exceptions for "old people?" Anyhows, I'll get some pics once I get it cleaned up, I just replaced the left front fender and then found out that Chevy no longer makes my paint. Sherwin-Williams (original manufacturer) can make some but it's pretty pricey for just touch up work. I'm open to suggestions...
Just about any real automotive paint supply can scan and match any solid color even metal flake. The the funky paints that change color with diffenet light sources that are a problem. Its best to get the color scanned to match any fading that may have acured in the last 12 years anyway.

BTW there is no passes for us old people. These guys can be brutaly. You make one little user mistake like not arrowing over all the way to see the whole post and you might as well put your coconuts on a anvil and hand them a hammer.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Call it a "good faith" pic. I'll post some better ones soon. This is as it's sitting in the parking lot. We've had a lot of rain and my inner-child still thinks I'm in my pickup.

Attached Thumbnails Quick Introduction-99-camaro-rt-side.jpg  
Old 02-12-2010, 06:59 PM

well i thought my baby was a dirty one you take the cake my friend now please share it i am hungry

Old 02-12-2010, 11:57 PM
2nd Gear member

sharp cars from any angle!!!

Quick Reply: Quick Introduction