Question about Engine and Trany...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 09:32 PM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs up Question about Engine and Trany...

So the question is,,, (i am a new to camaros and cars in total so please do not judge!) if engine light is off and transmission light is off that means if something wrong with the car its not engine or transmission am i correct?

P.S. thanks for the answer in advance!!!

Old 01-16-2009, 09:17 AM
4th Gear Member

would you be willing to elaborate as to what the vehicle is, or isn't doing? Also, please provide the model of the vehicle, engine/tranny etc

Please be as detailed as possible

cheers

Old 01-16-2009, 10:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by torque_is_good
would you be willing to elaborate as to what the vehicle is, or isn't doing? Also, please provide the model of the vehicle, engine/tranny etc

Please be as detailed as possible

cheers
2002, z28, camaro, v8, 5.7L....

i tried everything now... spark plugs, synthetic oil, etc...

and i am still getting this buzzing sound from the engine....

Old 01-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

First off there is very few noises that spark plugs or a oil change will fix. ,I am not joking here, Most noises that would come from an engine would NOT set a check engine or trans light. The lack of a check engine light means your cylinders are firing right and you cat conver is not the noise maker. I have seen many motor on the verg of coming apart that did not have any warning lights on.
You should take it to a mechanic. You really have no idea what you are into. There are hunderds of things in a engine that can make noise. Anything from a Heat shield to Main bearing. Heck I have had people bring me cars and i knew what the noise was when they pulled into the parking lot. A lot of times we just told the person what was wrong and gave them a quote to fix it without writing anything up and no charge. Sometimes we would get the odd ball noises we would have to charge a half an hour to check it cause we needed it on the lift. You need to figure out if this noise is something hurting the car.

Last edited by Gorn; 01-16-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gorn
First off there is very few noises that spark plugs or a oil change will fix. ,I am not joking here, Most noises that would come from an engine would NOT set a check engine or trans light. The lack of a check engine light means your cylinders are firing right and you cat conver is not the noise maker. I have seen many motor on the verg of coming apart that did not have any warning lights on.
You should take it to a mechanic. You really have no idea what you are into. There are hunderds of things in a engine that can make noise. Anything from a Heat shield to Main bearing. Heck I have had people bring me cars and i knew what the noise was when they pulled into the parking lot. A lot of times we just told the person what was wrong and gave them a quote to fix it without writing anything up and no charge. Sometimes we would get the odd ball noises we would have to charge a half an hour to check it cause we needed it on the lift. You need to figure out if this noise is something hurting the car.
Where you live?

Old 01-16-2009, 12:05 PM
2nd Gear member

A buzzing noise? That's very odd.

Is it always happening, or does it come and go?

Old 01-16-2009, 01:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by robmnrd
A buzzing noise? That's very odd.

Is it always happening, or does it come and go?
its buzzing when the car is in parking or when i am on the 1st gear on a very low rpms

Old 01-16-2009, 02:37 PM
1st Gear Member
Unhappy

anyways i contacted aamco.com and i am taking my car there tomorrow.. they said they will tell me what is wrong on Monday. Lets hope i will not get ripped off

Old 01-17-2009, 05:53 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cerbid
2002, z28, camaro, v8, 5.7L....

i tried everything now... spark plugs, synthetic oil, etc...

and i am still getting this buzzing sound from the engine....

um, cerbid, on another post in this same section, you are still inquiring as how to change spark plugs? Here you state that they've been replaced.

What is really going on with the vehicle ?

Old 01-17-2009, 12:59 PM
3rd Gear Member

I have seen many motor on the verg of coming apart that did not have any warning lights on.
lik my car is at the moment lol knocking ticking pissin me off clutch rattling/vibrating but my check engine lights been off for the first time since i bought the car lmao. (i can laugh cuz its all gettin rebuilt not because i dont care)

Quick Reply: Question about Engine and Trany...