Quesrion about sunvisors

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 11:41 AM
2nd Gear member
Default Quesrion about sunvisors

The sunvisors on my 94 w/t-tops are shot. They're sun-fried and also damaged from abuse to the point where they droop and hang down in your face.

Junkyard cars haven't been any help because the visors are either gone or in worse shape than mine.

I checked the parts manual pdf and saw that 94/95 use the same visors. Thee didn't seem to be any options of variations in what was available.

Saw a pair on ebay and figured screw it, I'd rather have them *now* than search all summer in junkyards.

The ebay parts arrived on saturday and boy were they a disappointment. They are just plain visors, no elastic strap or flip-up vanity mirror like my old ones have. The seller said they were from a 94 so I thought they would be a direct match.

Before I complain, what do forum members find on their cars? 94/95 owners: vanity mirrors and elastic straps on both visors? 93 owners? 96/97 owners?

Old 04-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Overdrive Member

If you got the power windows and door locks from a base model up you got the elastic strap and the morrors. Low end basic cars only got visors with nothing special.

The differences in the visors are the color of the materials not the design. They were the same design from 93-02 T-top and Hard top, and the verts have their own smaller design.

Massey

Old 04-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Not to kick you in the nuts man, but the description or pictures in the ebay listing would have shown if it had mirrors or the elastic straps. So what you got shouldn't have been a surprise at all. I've had stretchy straps before and just cut them off, I have no use for them anyway. For the drooping problem, rotate the visor while pulling it completely off the shaft, then try pinching the embedded metal part (that clamps onto the shaft) together more with a pair of pliers. Since you don't like surprises, be sure to use a rag around the visor so you don't wreck it with the pliers.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:26 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

if you want new you gota pay. got a new headliner from these guys and is good quality.
Chevy Camaro For Hard Top and T-Top Sun Visors, Chevrolet Camaro Sun Visors - 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Old 04-25-2011, 02:01 PM
2nd Gear member

Camaro69, Yeah, I'm kicking *myself* on that count. The pic (just one) showed one side of each visor. After looking at the parts pdf and seeing just one p/n listed for *all* 94/95 models I figured the ebay offering had to be the right one. Mirrors must have been on the bottom side in the pic.

It was an impulse buy, late on a Sunday eve when I knew I wouldn't get a response to a question right away and I'd probably forget about the auction by the next morning when my kids went nuts on me.

Oh well, these'll work for the time being and weren't tha much money.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Maybe it's better they aren't the vanity visors, it sounds like you'd have a hard time looking yourself in the mirror at the moment anyway. lol

Old 04-25-2011, 05:15 PM
3rd Gear Member

My 96 without power windows and locks came with the mirror and annoying strP that cut off.