Project 96 RS

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 01:42 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Project 96 RS

well i suppose i gotta figure where to start...

here is a list of what i am wanting to do to my car. these arethe pics of what i am currently working with and the list of work to be done.

BODY

JP2 body kit
new top - old one is very faded
interior redone black/ white accents
interior dash accents donein white
Stereo system
Sun shades still
Rims
Low profile tires
headlight covers pedals/ new shifter
fix the interior handles
halgoen hg2 headlights pure white
new shifter plate
new windshield has a crack in it
was thinking of getting the doors shaved not sure yet tho.

Paint job pearlescent white with black onyx stripes down the middle

Mechanical

Drilled and slotted rotors
ceramic pads
tie rod/ ends
flowmaster exhaust 17357 sounds great
new tinting of windows (old is peeling)
new shocks
K&N air filter
new pistons
new heads
new cam
to be done with rebuld of the engine ( how many miles until it should be rebuilt )
still looking for that turbo kit. i know its been done so still researching on how they did it.

this will take awhile to get done but thank god for tax season refunds lol
i even got the wifees approval for all this lol after the last conversation i thought she was gonna kill me now she is looking up parts for me again

Attached Thumbnails Project 96 RS-camaro-pics-project-003.jpg   Project 96 RS-camaro-pics-project-004.jpg   Project 96 RS-camaro-pics-project-005.jpg   Project 96 RS-camaro-pics-project-006.jpg   Project 96 RS-camaro-pics-project-007.jpg  

Old 09-13-2009, 01:43 PM
1st Gear Member
Default JPS body kit

here is what the body kit looks like that i will be getting shortly

now gotta find a good shop to paint her

Attached Thumbnails Project 96 RS-my-body-kit.jpg  
Old 09-13-2009, 03:19 PM
ROTM Director
Ride of the Month Director

good luck with that.

what does that body kit cost?

Old 09-13-2009, 03:22 PM
1st Gear Member
Default body kit

about 800 or so what im really wonderin is how much it sgonna cost to paint it the way i want

Old 09-13-2009, 03:24 PM
ROTM Director
Ride of the Month Director

wow, that's less than i thought it would be. i think that will make it look really sick when done. still trying to decide if i want to do up my sixer, or sell her and go to a v8 right away, lol. i will have to decide before i go and get any body kits

Old 09-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Before you do the brake upgrade you should look into the 98-02 brake mod first. If you want stoping power thats the best bang for the buck. You did not mention Transmision or rear upgrades?

Looks looks a good way to spend 15K

Old 09-13-2009, 03:52 PM
1st Gear Member
Default rear end tranny

i have actually priced out what i have up there and its only well ..lol only about 7k not too bad for what will be a year long project or so im not really sure about what cam heads ect i should use t get more power. i want to switch it to a stick but im not sure how to get this done. there is prolly a thread somewhere ill look it up. but its actually pretty economical for what i want done. only thing thats really gonna be costly is redoing the entire interior. im loking forward to the challenge tho. mabey down the road ill swap the engine for an 8 but right now im just gonna have fun with her. plus the wife is willing to work with me with what is currently up there so .. v8 after this is done

Old 09-13-2009, 07:57 PM
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Your going to change the color of the car add a body kit and put a custom pearl with strips on it? How much do you think that is going to cost? Are you doing it yourself? Cause if your not I know what it will cost and your 7K is just about gone just with that.

Do you have any idea the kind a labor thats involved with changing the color of a car and doing it right?

Old 09-14-2009, 01:39 AM
1st Gear Member
Default good to have friends

I have a friend who has a small body shop he accepts all currency most of all the best currency BEER likes that blue moon crap tho expensive lol i gotta see whats what of course but its the plan for now. im still thinking about going full black but i hate the interior color not sure what to do with it. I have seen a lot of white camaro's but never a pearlescent and well i kinda like the idea. anyways im going to talk about it more with him tommarow and ill let ya know how it goes. I know he does good work has a custom i believe 58 ford fairlane prolly got the year wrong tho looks badass you should hear it go.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:02 AM
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Just a FYI
There is a reason that black interior are not comon in rag tops. I have alway wonder why so many Rag tops had white interior. Its the heat. I have a black interior in my 67 with white trim and if I drive it on a hot day its not to bad, its when I stop it gets bad. On a sunny day the heat comes from every direction when you are not moving. I got stuck in behind a accident once I thought I was going to die. No wind, I'll bet it hit 120 deg in there. I had to pull over and put the top up.

Quick Reply: Project 96 RS