Prices of some upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 09:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Alright, i was thinking that also.

I also have another question.

Is there a way to make the car sit lower in the front, like adjust the suspension or something (sorry if this question is completely stupid, im just wondering if its possible.)

Old 04-29-2010, 10:13 PM
3rd Gear Member

There are other catback's out there; Dynomax makes one for the Camaro, but I doubt it'd be much cheaper and it surely won't perform as well I bet. I also agree on the SLP CAI over the K&N; the SLP Blackwing filter is also nice. You would need lowering springs to lower the ride height I believe, I don't think there is any other way.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Failed Devices
There are other catback's out there; Dynomax makes one for the Camaro, but I doubt it'd be much cheaper and it surely won't perform as well I bet. I also agree on the SLP CAI over the K&N; the SLP Blackwing filter is also nice. You would need lowering springs to lower the ride height I believe, I don't think there is any other way.
dynomax is actually a bit cheaper, like $300 i think, but i dont like how they sound and i think there ricey in the higher rpms, as for lowering i guess its up to you but i wouldnt because i have trouble going over things all the time.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:14 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Failed Devices
The Dynomax catback actually outflows all the other aftermarket systems for the 3.8L including the Borla system.

But I think Magnaflow and Dynomax sound like garbage.

Magnaflow, Dynomax, and Flowmaster all sound like **** in the higher RPMs as well. Borla is much better however.

All systems will rasp without a catalytic converter.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:56 AM
3rd Gear Member

Evil, do you have anything to show the Dynomax's performance? Not trying to call you out or anything, but I need to see it.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:10 AM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Everyone has a different opinion on what exhaust sounds better. Personally, I find that Flowmasters sound like garbage. I went with Magnaflow because they have that deep growl I was looking for. Sixers don't have many options for getting that v8 sound (obviously because they're not v8s), so I stuck with Magnaflow instead of trying to make a Loudmouth work (my personal preference for an 8). But the best thing to do to see what YOU would want is to go onto YouTube and look up Camaro exhaust clips and see what sounds the best to YOU. You also don't have to get a full catback, there's other ways of making it work if you're on a tight budget. But I would def install it yourself. It's not that difficult, just might take some time and it will save you money on installation.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Right now its either between the flowmasters or a magnaflow. I went to a local shop today and he told me he can do the flowmasters for $400 and the magnaflows for $500. Personally i like both, but i think (and this is not a definite) im going to go with the flowmasters just because my dad has magnaflows in his corvette and i know the sound, and i just want mine to stand out different.

But with that said, is there a big difference PERFORMANCE wise between these?

Old 04-30-2010, 10:20 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by MaxTheKiing
Right now its either between the flowmasters or a magnaflow. I went to a local shop today and he told me he can do the flowmasters for $400 and the magnaflows for $500. Personally i like both, but i think (and this is not a definite) im going to go with the flowmasters just because my dad has magnaflows in his corvette and i know the sound, and i just want mine to stand out different.

But with that said, is there a big difference PERFORMANCE wise between these?
Yes actually there is, I'll have to find the write up for you. Flowmasters don't really give you anything performance wise, they're more just for sound. Magnaflows on the other hand add around 10-15hp ( I've also heard up to 30hp occurring with a high flow cat ).

Old 04-30-2010, 10:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Im not really in any desire to race or show my car, im mostly just going for the sound. Ive made a couple calls at local shops and my cheapest (and they are a great shop) was $375 for a flow master set up. And from another shop, he said he could install a Flo-Pro system which he thinks sounds better on a v6 for $250. What do yall think about the flo-pro exhaust system?

Old 04-30-2010, 10:45 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by MaxTheKiing
Im not really in any desire to race or show my car, im mostly just going for the sound. Ive made a couple calls at local shops and my cheapest (and they are a great shop) was $375 for a flow master set up. And from another shop, he said he could install a Flo-Pro system which he thinks sounds better on a v6 for $250. What do yall think about the flo-pro exhaust system?
I've personally never heard of this system but as most people in this thread have been saying you need to find what sounds good to you. You could also trying looking up some reviews on that system online. Good luck, hope you find something you like.

Quick Reply: Prices of some upgrades?