Is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 02:14 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Is it possible?

Does anyone know if it is possible to put a front end(fenders, hood, headlights, and bumper cover) from a third gen on a fourth gen? I know there would probably be some modifications but would it fit/line up?

Old 10-09-2011, 02:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Take a look at a 3rd gen, and then a 4th gen. Does it look like it will line up? Not flaming or anything but even if there was a way to do this it would end up looking like a frankencar. There are some pretty good photoshoppers on this site, maybe one of them will be able to design one. Still, In my opinion if there was anyway to do this, It would just look really, really bad.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Jus22tin
Does anyone know if it is possible to put a front end(fenders, hood, headlights, and bumper cover) from a third gen on a fourth gen? I know there would probably be some modifications but would it fit/line up?

Possible? yes it would take a good fabricator a couple of hundred hours. THe 4th gen was a complete new design. Something are almost the same, like the seats and the rear but the front is a complete new design it would be like mounting the front end on a mustang. Just look at the hood the way it wraps around the windsheild. The front end off the 3rd gen is much taller getting it to blend the 4th gens doors would be a nightmare.

Last edited by Gorn; 10-09-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:35 PM
3rd Gear Member

Funny that you emotion the mustang. I saw a fox body on Craigslist that had the front bumper from an ls1 and it actually blended in pretty good. Although I think the gt front looked better.