Please gawd look here

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Default Please gawd look here

Well, my 95 camaro is being gay...

Last week i was driving it and go to stop at a light and the car stalls, start it back up and put it in gear... stalls again. I brought it to the trans shop and they said it was the Torque converter lock up solenoid.

They changed it and the problem was fixed for 3 days, then it started again. We sent it back the the trans place and now there lost in what it could be... they are saying that its probably and issue from trans up to either the computer itself or somewhere in the harness. The other homo thing is that nobody seems to be able to connect with the computer with a scanner... just keeps saying cant communicate with the computer.

When you pull the trans wire harness the problem stops, wich is what is leading the trans place to believe that its not tranny related. But the issue with just driving the car with the harness off is that it starts in 3rd gear.

IM ****ING LOST... MY BUDGET IS RUNNING SLIM AND IT SEEMS THAT I AM DECADES AWAY...

ANY IDEAS?

Old 04-16-2009, 09:30 PM

Wow a site with thousands of F body owners and nobody wants to touch this one?

Old 04-16-2009, 10:08 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Id say that it has to have something wrong with the computer. I scanned my 94 just yesterday and i could communicate with it fine, even had a data stream going with a few of the vitals of the motor. If the scan tool cant communicate with the computer something has to be messed up around there. If it was harness related you would throw a code, if the computer is bad then there is nothing to tell you that anything is bad.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:00 PM
In the Staging Lanes

i would agree that there is something going on with the computer not the trans, i have a similar problem with my 97 camaro, it shuts off randomly if i take my foot off the gas sometimes, can't figure out what it is. but i would get the computer checked out and see that it is functioning right.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:01 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

dido what they said, computer, there should be a place around where you are that can test it out of the car. Shouldn't be very much either.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:59 PM

ive noticed on gm cars that come into the shop sometimes if a fuse is blown the scanner or inspection machine cant communicate not sure why also just try starting it up and tapping on the maf with something soft see if it stalls out my wifes buick would stall like that and no one had any clue then one of the old mechanics in my shop tapped the maf with the rubber handle of a screw driver and it spazzed out and died replaced it never had a problem again

Old 05-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by Jrbrent23
ive noticed on gm cars that come into the shop sometimes if a fuse is blown the scanner or inspection machine cant communicate not sure why...
Because the diagnostic port on a lot of GM cars gets its power from being on the same circuit as the cigarette lighter/power outlet. And sometimes plugging in an accessory crooked, or getting some furrin object into the outlet makes the fuse blow.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:12 PM
Overdrive Member

The '95 is the OBD-1.5 (OBD-I computer, OBD-II port). A standard OBD-II scanner won't work.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:21 PM

yeah i know why fuses blow lol I meant i didnt know why gm in its infinite wisdom put the power for the dlc through a cig lighter just dont know why thats a good Idea haha good call on the 95 i wasnt even paying attention guess i should read more carefully before i give advice lol

Last edited by Jrbrent23; 05-24-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Ninja Administrator

Originally Posted by 02StanGT
The '95 is the OBD-1.5 (OBD-I computer, OBD-II port). A standard OBD-II scanner won't work.
yes, this is the most important thing here i believe