Performance difference between auto and manual Z28?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Default Performance difference between auto and manual Z28?

I have the choice of getting an Auto or Manual 1994 Z28. I'm wondering if there is any major difference between the cars other than of course having to manually shift.

Also, what transmission do you guys prefer; auto or manual?

Old 02-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: Performance difference between auto and manual Z28?

Depending on your driving ability a stalled auto will probably do better than a m6. The t56 can also be somewhat difficult to shift.

personally however I woul never go without the manual. the auto is just not as much fun and thats why i bought the car to begin with.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Overdrive Member

https://camaroforums.com/m_148148/tm.htm

This has been discussed many times, please try to seach a little before just making a new topic...

Old 02-12-2008, 05:23 PM
4th Gear Member

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THAT!!! they do it on almost every single frickan post on the ION forum too. God Damn. n00bs prolly dont know how to search for one, and for too, if you took time to say that, you have the time to post, for 3, this site wont grow without new posts. for 4, some of us post ****** WANNA answer again, just for the post counts.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:30 PM

ORIGINAL: 95slvrZ28

https://camaroforums.com/m_148148/tm.htm

This has been discussed many times, please try to seach a little before just making a new topic...
Thanks, I got my question answered. And btw very nice Camaro you have... I love the sound.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:32 PM
2nd Gear member

Get the stick just for the fun factor....http://youtube.com/watch?v=vuvOJ5VV59E

Old 02-12-2008, 05:34 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

The t56 can also be somewhat difficult to shift.

I have never experienced this

Old 02-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Ninja Administrator

what other sticks have u driven? as compared to the t5, the t56 is just slower, and a little unnatural as compared to the 5speed.

when I got my TA the first thing I noticed was the shifts werent exactly in line where I would expect them to be

Old 02-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: ninetysixyenko

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THAT!!! they do it on almost every single frickan post on the ION forum too. God Damn. n00bs prolly dont know how to search for one, and for too, if you took time to say that, you have the time to post, for 3, this site wont grow without new posts. for 4, some of us post ****** WANNA answer again, just for the post counts.
It took me about 1 minute to find that post, it's over 3 pages long of discussion and technical data. I don't think I can type 3 pages worth of posts in 1 minute. If it's an ancient post from 2 years ago, sure, make a new one, but a 1 month old post that I found without using the search function, that was 4 pages back isn't that hard to find. As far as post whoring just to get your count up, woopie, people don't listen to you because you have a high post count, they read what you have to say, and after multiple good technical posts that offer valid information people will start to listen to what you have to say. For instance, the Ovulator has over 2000 posts, who would you go to for technical advice first, Ovulator or someone like Specter, me...I don't say "search" in every topic, I can't even count how many "headers" posts I've posted up the same exact answer in. Overall I'm a pretty nice person, but when I feel the time callsd I will gladly not just tell them to search, but post up a relevant thread that can be more help that just one person saying something.

Murray: Thanks for the compliments on the car, I'm kinda fond of it Welcome to the forum, I hope you stick around! We're all (usually) pretty nice and always happy to help out, even if you're question has been asked before [X(]

Old 02-12-2008, 05:54 PM
2nd Gear member

Yes, all Ive been using is the search function latley, anything I post up technical unless it says "what will ge me more horsepower" doesnt really get any hits. The most popular threads are getting to be the ones about "future plans" and that sorta crap, we need a section called hot air or something, anyone can make post up a ton of stuff on what they wanna do. I kinda like seeing a realistic post like this, although I have to disagree with you Specter I find that the t-5 does not shift as nicely as the t-56, the t-5 feels weaker, i dont know how to describe it but it just does.

[sm=rant.gif]

Go with the manual Murray, tons more fun, and better MPG, which goes a long way when your always puttin premium in. When/if you get it post up some pics!!! I love LT1 fourth gens.

Quick Reply: Performance difference between auto and manual Z28?