overheating

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 01:36 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default overheating

Ight i got a Z28 n i got a problem with it over heating, i live in texas so yea its hot already, but when i get to stop lights the temp hits from 220- 240 its not boiling or to the point where the car shuts off,
anyone else got this problem, cause i think there is a short to the cooling fan from the fuse box to the cooling fan

Old 06-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Tech Droid
Default RE: overheating

Are the fans running when it gets above 220?

Old 06-04-2007, 10:43 AM
In the Staging Lanes

im not sure, cant hear them running

Old 06-04-2007, 10:25 PM

the fans are kinda quiet, u can start the car and just let it sit running and slided under the the front of the car and wait for them to turn on

Old 06-06-2007, 11:46 PM

Yeah I have the exact same problem and I'm going to the dealership to see what the hell is wrong with my car. My friend works there of course so he will do it for free but I'm so pist when I put the time putting in a new thermostat in and a engine coolant temp sensor and that isn't the problem. Now that it is getting warmer outside I think I better get the car checked out before I'm buying a new block. Anyway I will tell you guys tommorow what the hell was wrong with mine. There seems to be qutie a few people with the exact same problem of a overheating camaro usually around the years of 93 through 97. There has to be something really simple to this.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:09 AM
In the Staging Lanes

well this one guy pulled up to me yesterday when i was getting gas, and he wanted to compare his camaro to mine, and he rewired the coolent fan, cause he said there was a short running from the fuse box to the fan, but yea... im going over the whole wireing on my car

Old 06-11-2007, 03:38 PM

I'm also having this problem, I even replaced the sensor and it did nothing just as I thought

Old 06-12-2007, 10:57 AM
In the Staging Lanes

someone told me it was the water pump, but im not sure, anyone have this problem and fixed it? cause im starting to hear its coming from anyone that has a 92 to 96 camaro

Old 06-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Droid

These cars are designed to run hot by the factory. Check the sticky on the LT1 section, and you will note that the high speed or secondary fans are not turned on until 232 degrees are reached. The engine is OK up to 240 as long as you have 50/50 antifreeze water mix, and a good radiator cap. and a sound cooling system. Also avoid mixing green and red antifreeze, as the mix will eventually turn into sludge and then the engine will really overheat.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:36 AM
In the Staging Lanes

yesterday it got to 98 degrees here, and my car started boiling, and when i openned the hood the radiator cap busted off and hit me in the face, lucky had my locs on but it broke them in half, **** was hot!!!

and it came gushing out like a ****in gyser
i really gotta find the problem cause its still early in the summer here, and its going to get up to 105 this summer

so anyone fix this fan let me know

Quick Reply: overheating