ok...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 05:46 AM
3rd Gear Member
Default ok...

since no body could help me on here, im assuming people dont know, but i finally found the parts that you need to replace when you replace the water pump, so tomorrow, im doing it all over again and replacing the things i didnt, and when im doing it im gonna take pictures and post up in the lt1 section how to change a water pump

Old 05-29-2008, 06:48 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: ok...

have fun with that, its not as easy as it looks

Old 05-29-2008, 08:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Its very simple to change and not hard at all. From my own personal experience I like to take the radiator out. It makes things move a lot faster and easier

Old 05-29-2008, 01:19 PM
3rd Gear Member

it takes longer to drain the radiator than it does to take out the water pump.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:19 PM
3rd Gear Member

no its not changing the water pump thats hard, theres two o-rings in there that u should replace and the bearing on the driveshaft, that i had no clue about, and no body on here could tell me what those o rings were called or where i could buy them or how to replace them, cause i replaced the water pump and now its leaking oil from those o rings

Old 05-30-2008, 09:45 AM
3rd Gear Member

you mean the main seal around the crank shaft, and the seals for the water pump drive and opti? go to the auto parts store and ask for a timing cover gasket kit. should come with timing cover gasket(you cant do this with out droping the oil pan) water pump gaskets, and the three seals for the front of the timing cover ie. crank, water pump shaft, and opti.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:52 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: importmd

you mean the main seal around the crank shaft, and the seals for the water pump drive and opti? go to the auto parts store and ask for a timing cover gasket kit. should come with timing cover gasket(you cant do this with out droping the oil pan) water pump gaskets, and the three seals for the front of the timing cover ie. crank, water pump shaft, and opti.
Bingo!! Now the real work begins. I have that same problem but I don't feel like tearing down the entire front of my engine so I bought a rubber mat. HA!

Old 05-30-2008, 11:46 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: importmd

lol yeah i know, i already did that, but i wish someone would have told me that like a week ago though, i had to figure out on my own. but yeah, i did it today, actually had to get a whole new water pump, one of the fittings on the upper hose that runs into the pump had completely came out with the hose still on it tight, the whole metal fitting came right out, so i got a new one, used that kit, cept the opti, didnt touch that. and yeah, shes runnin good now..but...i lied, i couldnt get a hold of a camera so im just gonna say screw it on the post on how to do it, but if anyone ask, i know now!