New Tint

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 06:51 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Location: Born and Raised in Ironwood Michigan (The Army sends me all over.)
Default New Tint

Well, I am dropping my car off at the shop tomorrow to get the old, crusty, peeling, purpled tint ripped off of my car and have brand new 20% put on. I can't wait to have real tint on my car. This old cheap stuff is driving me nuts. The previous owner put it on and IMO he didn't do a good job at all and used cheap product. That is why I am going with the pro shop. I wish I had some before pictures that did some real "justice" to the tint that is on the car now. This is all I could dig up:

Name:  100_0664.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  24.0 KB

If you look at the driver's side window through the windshield you can sort of see the how the tint has gotten old and turned purple. You can also see near the back of the same window where it is peeling. I will post AFTER pics when it is done and the weather is nice. It is suppose to storm tomorrow.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:18 PM
1st Gear Member

They're gonna have fun with the back hatch window.

I know some tint shops that refuse corvettes and camaros due to the size and curvature of the rear windows, getting the tint to shrink and adhere to the shape is difficult.

Is you new tint going to be metallic? If so, it'll NEVER turn purple lol.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:57 PM
In the Staging Lanes

No, the new tint is not going to be metallic. When I brought the car to the shop he didn't hesitate at all when I told him it was a 1994 Z28. He also had no hesitation when he came out and checked the condition of the old tint. I did A LOT of research of the local tint shops and this guy comes with lots of recommendations and the customer service is top notch.

BTW that size and curvature of the back window is one of the reasons I am getting the tint redone. I am in the Army and I am getting reassigned to Fort Benning, Georgia in July. That back window is going to be like a solar panel.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Yooper Z28
No, the new tint is not going to be metallic. When I brought the car to the shop he didn't hesitate at all when I told him it was a 1994 Z28. He also had no hesitation when he came out and checked the condition of the old tint. I did A LOT of research of the local tint shops and this guy comes with lots of recommendations and the customer service is top notch.

BTW that size and curvature of the back window is one of the reasons I am getting the tint redone. I am in the Army and I am getting reassigned to Fort Benning, Georgia in July. That back window is going to be like a solar panel.
Awesome, that means he knows what he's doing lol.

Yeah, I never really realized how BIG the back glass was until I went to tint it... Many a film lost it's life that day.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:18 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Picked up the car today and I was amazed at how clear the glass on my car is. The old tint was all scuffed, scratched, and in all around bad shape. I will post pictures as soon as I have an opportunity. Probably Saturday or Sunday. This weekend is New Sound system time. Well not exactly new sound system, but rewiring. The previous owner I guess wired it all wrong. I don't know anything about sound systems. I am going to be helping out a co-worker redo it.