New paint job 4 the Z

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 07:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default New paint job 4 the Z

Hey guys need some opintions on painting my car. the car is originaly silver but needs a whole new front clip. I am thinking out keeping the car silver with the blacked out headlight buckets, black miriors, and a black rear panel between the hatch n rear bumper. My problem is the top. i dont know if i should repaint it black or silver. Any ideas?? I want the car crispy and clean. In the next year i will be buying a set of American Racing torque thrust 2's 17" all around 9.5" in front 11" in rear. Soo if you understand the look im going for lend me some ideas please.

thanks
,paul

Old 07-29-2008, 07:59 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New paint job 4 the Z

I really like the black top with silver idea And tint the windows if they arent That would look nice and i really like those wheels too saving up for some my self

Old 07-29-2008, 08:10 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yeah that was the side i was more on rather the silver but it was just thinkinout loud. I will get tint soo but i gotta get thecar together again.
My plan is ...................................... This weekend patch up my floor pans and order my LT's. then il be lapping my valves getting a top end gasket seal set and putting the heads back on. during the next 2 months il be powder coating my intake, valve covers, alternator, water pump, pump brackets and a few other little things. im doing it in candy blu and red, with a chrme undercoat to make it shinny =]. Then some minor body work and paint. After that a new exhaust and the cars done =]]

Old 07-29-2008, 09:43 PM
3rd Gear Member

black top looks tough

Old 07-30-2008, 11:57 AM
In the Staging Lanes

thanks, the car will be silver, with a black top,miriors,head lights, back CAMARO pannel, but what aboutthe fog light area.......black or silver? Oh yeag abd does any one know if the 93-97 silver is different from the 98-02 silver............. if it if what silver paints on the 98-02???

Old 07-30-2008, 01:46 PM
In the Staging Lanes

my car was silver before I painted it DSG.. and even though I love the DSG I miss the silver.

anyways my Camaro has the mirrors and the top black and when the car was silverI had the black panel and I got compliments on it all the time..it looked reallygood.I think leave the fog light panel black, it will look really nice that way.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:24 PM
In the Staging Lanes

thanks man i think thats how il be painting my car =]........n by any chance if you know what silver they used od the 02 camaros??? it seems like a diff silver then mine.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Umm thats tough i think black though For that fog light area

Old 07-30-2008, 07:23 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yeah thats what im gonna b doing then when i gt the rest of my work out the way. You get any word on if theres a difference between the 2 silvers on the 93-97 and -98-02????????

Old 08-02-2008, 02:52 PM
April 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Either get a polished grill or get it painted the color of the body. I have never liked the black grills on any 4th gen because of that open mouth effect. But that's just me. Mine is the color of the car and would never go back to black. Now the Berger type rear panel is a good idea. I 've had 2, the flat black and the semi gloss black. A night and day difference from gloss and flat. I LOVE the gloss 100% better. The flat looks just to unfinished. But all this is just an opinion do what you think is best

Quick Reply: New paint job 4 the Z