New Member Check In

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012 | 12:19 AM
|
2nd Gear member
Default New Member Check In

Hello everyone. Just joined up tonight. I secured a deal on my first 4th gen Camaro tonight. Its a black 6 speed 93 Z28. I have owned many, many cars/trucks including a beautiful 79 Z28 and a 86 Z28. I do all my own work with the exception of paint and body.(Hats off to you guys!!)

Im very familiar with the LT and LS platforms. Ive worked on both many times including Opti replacement, cam installs, headers etc. etc. Sooo, I will be doing any modifications on this car myself of course.

So on to the details of my "new to me" ride. The car is a single owner car and used mostly as a commuter driven by a lady to and from work. I know, sounds pretty cliche'... but I had a lengthy conversation with the owner and he seems legit. Miles are high at 148k. Clutch is original!! However, pretty much all the maintainence and details have been taken care of recently.

Email to me from seller:
Here is the 'list' on the car: The car was put back on the road at 144,000 miles with the following being done before hand: New ENG oil(5W/30 Valvoline) & filter(Baldwin), chassis greased, entire brake system flushed with new fluid, new eng coolant, new thermostat, new radiator, new serpentine belt, power steering system flushed/filled with new fluid, new NGK spark plugs, New Moroso plug wires, NEW MSD distributor(SPENDY PEICE!), new NAPA ignition coil, new IAC motor(DELPHI), new TPS(NAPA), new cold air intake system( I saved all the original pieces), new battery, throttle body removed & cleaned, installed a air foil stabilizer in the T/Body, Drained & filled trans with new fluid, installed new crank seal on timing cover along with the other seals when the distributor was changed, new water pump, new gear oil & posi additive in the rear diff, new fuel pump(Delhi brand, spendy piece again!), new fuel filter(NAPA), all tail light bulbs and marker bulbs changed out with new. Both Fog lights work, as do all the headlights. The driver side rearview mirror was changed with a NEW unit, new power window switch & power door lock switches were changed out as well with new parts. There is a BBK underdrive crank pulley installed, the electric air pump was overhauled, and a new ENG oil pressure switch(NAPA) was installed. The brakes are decent all the way around and the car stops/steers well. It seems to do well on fuel milelage(16-19) depnding on how you drive it! The wipers work well and both blades were recently replaced with OE GM peices(VERY expensive but worth it!). The CD player is not working which I just found out recently. Never have used it, just listen to the radio! Hope this answers some of your questions. There are no leaks to speak of from the ENG, TRANS, or REAREND.The car does NOT smoke, and does not use oil.

So Id be glad to post up a few pics, but Im not allowed yet! I should be picking the car up in the next 2 weeks. As with all my cars, I cant wait to start playing with it! I hope you guys will be able to point me in the direction of good resources for used parts and such. Also, Im sure Ill have my share of stupid questions, so bare with me....Looking forward to lotsa posting.
John

Old 05-09-2012 | 03:16 AM
April 2012 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome to the forum! Would love to see some photos!!!

Old 05-09-2012 | 07:44 AM
|
2nd Gear member

Thanks! I think I need 3 posts to attatch photos.

Old 05-09-2012 | 08:43 AM

November 2011 ROTM
Ride of the Month Director
ROTM Winner's Club

John,

Welcome aboard.

I personnally am now looking forward to some detailed pictures.

Take a look around and start posting in the 4th gen section. Find some posts that you know a little about and give some feedback. Thats the best way to get your post count up. then you can start posting pictures and we will all be happy to see those.

When you get some free time check out the lounge area. We keep tech posts about tech and fun posts about fun. Either place were always eager to have new members join in the conversation. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Bud.

Old 05-09-2012 | 11:05 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Welcome John, and congrats on your new toy purchase.

Old 05-09-2012 | 11:11 AM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

welcome to the site, post up some pics

Old 05-09-2012 | 06:58 PM
|
2nd Gear member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Heres a few pics of the car!!!
Seller told me last night that he also did the o2 sensors and pinion diff seal. The mats are original. Says the stick shift is sloppy. What are my alternatives there?

Name:  93Z28Interior.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  38.9 KB
Name:  93Z28Engine.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  54.1 KB

Old 05-09-2012 | 08:38 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

for a 93 that car is in great shape,,, sounds to me like all you gotta do is drive it. welcome to the 93 club. oh and dont let these guys fool ya, we have fun all the time. to post pictures go to photobucket, open free account, download pictures, copy IMG code to your post and it will show. remember to keep the picture size to 680 or less on the big side. i transfer mine to email and it asked what size so i dont have to deal with size just drag it to the desktop. do you know if the car has been tuned yet? anyways maybe start a thread in the 4th gen lt section. welcome from tokeland and enjoy the forum.

Old 05-10-2012 | 01:57 AM
1st Gear Member

i almost bought that exact car, it was on ebay for a long long time for 2800$ and then ship it up here to reno for 350$. i decided not to buy it for my own reasons. your gonna love this forum, its the best anywhere by many many miles, trust me i know. and more importantly youll love the car. any lt1 is a truly awe inspiring experience! (forget the numbers and enjoy the sensations)

Old 05-10-2012 | 07:20 AM
|
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by imcdowel
i almost bought that exact car, it was on ebay for a long long time for 2800$ and then ship it up here to reno for 350$. i decided not to buy it for my own reasons. your gonna love this forum, its the best anywhere by many many miles, trust me i know. and more importantly youll love the car. any lt1 is a truly awe inspiring experience! (forget the numbers and enjoy the sensations)
It was on Ebay for a BIN of $2900. The auction ended and I made an offer by email to the seller. He seems like a stand up guy who has some decent car knowledge so I felt comfortable buying from him. Looks like a well taken care of car and a deal for what I gave. I bought it for something to play with really. I have a 2002 Z06 that I did a cam and bolt ons to thats a fun ride, but its to the point where Im satisfied with it and "finished" so to speak. I get bored when I have nothing to wrench on, so the Z28 will be the perfect candidate to drive and work on at the same time.

Quick Reply: New Member Check In