new to forum and other stuff so i got soem questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Default new to forum and other stuff so i got soem questions

im new to the forum and to domestic muscle cars..

i got some questions about them so thanks if you can answer these

ive known tuner cars alot but i would also like to know about what performance parts i can add to a muscle car to make it quicker

the car i plan on getting is a 2001 camaro ss

last question, whats the best engine i can swap to make it faster?

srry for not being that much specific but ty for your time

Old 03-19-2010, 06:28 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by canikSS
im new to the forum and to domestic muscle cars..

i got some questions about them so thanks if you can answer these

ive known tuner cars alot but i would also like to know about what performance parts i can add to a muscle car to make it quicker

the car i plan on getting is a 2001 camaro ss

last question, whats the best engine i can swap to make it faster?

srry for not being that much specific but ty for your time
http://www.steveschmidtracing.com/en...peed-tech.html

you can build around that engine if you want.

Seriously, how old are you and have you ever been in an LS1 powered vehicle????

Old 03-19-2010, 06:32 PM

ahh no like i said ive been in a tuner....right now my vehicle is a beater 92 accord...if you can call that a tuner

Old 03-19-2010, 08:54 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

well welcome to the forum

first off, you build the LS1 and you will exceed any power you want to make. start with the basics of making it breathe better with a different lid, different catback, and headers. then we look at gears, a stall if automatic, and suspension work. then we can start tearing into it with a heads/cam package...then if its not enough, you either stroke it or juice it

Old 03-19-2010, 09:07 PM
2nd Gear member

i used to drive an eclipse with a borg warner turbo that came off of a dodge and i didn't call myself a tuner guy haha.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:39 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

yep i think u better drive one first.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:18 AM
In the Staging Lanes

if you are planning on getting a Camaro SS. The LS1 thats already in it is straight wicked as it is. Modify around the motor. Smaller belt pulleys is a good start, (thats a little trick i learned from a 98 buick regal gs supercharged i had). Cold air induction is good for about 8-25 horses depending on how much money you spent. Headers and exhaust preferably Borla or Magnaflow parts are excellent for these cars. They are good for nearly 100 more horsepower. Since you are new to muscle cars here is some useful in numbers for you... Stock LS1 is rated at 305 Horsepower with 0-60 at well under 5.5 secs. Top Speed is Rev limited (not speed limited) at 162 miles per hour. Some computer work can take care of that limiter situation... If you are serious about doing that kind of work, you are on your way to creating a real serial killer sleeper. Doing some of the simple stuff I mentioned above will surely make you cream on yourself... Have fun kid...

Old 03-20-2010, 07:29 AM
In the Staging Lanes

this sounds like one of those "i wanna go fast" threads.

Well if i were you, i'd drive it first, stock. After driving those tiny fwd hondas, i'm sure you will be impressed with this car the way it is. Also get use to RWD before jumping it up a bunch of HP. My 3.8 on a dry day can break the *** end out... so i'm sure a ls1 SS can rock....

Old 03-20-2010, 10:52 AM

thx for the help people i plan on getting one and improving it over time

Old 03-20-2010, 12:06 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by impalassv8
if you are planning on getting a Camaro SS. The LS1 thats already in it is straight wicked as it is. Modify around the motor. Smaller belt pulleys is a good start, (thats a little trick i learned from a 98 buick regal gs supercharged i had). Cold air induction is good for about 8-25 horses depending on how much money you spent. Headers and exhaust preferably Borla or Magnaflow parts are excellent for these cars. They are good for nearly 100 more horsepower. Since you are new to muscle cars here is some useful in numbers for you... Stock LS1 is rated at 305 Horsepower with 0-60 at well under 5.5 secs. Top Speed is Rev limited (not speed limited) at 162 miles per hour. Some computer work can take care of that limiter situation... If you are serious about doing that kind of work, you are on your way to creating a real serial killer sleeper. Doing some of the simple stuff I mentioned above will surely make you cream on yourself... Have fun kid...
yeah i think your estimate is quite generous there bud...and smaller pulleys work for supercharged motors...not so much on stock motors.

i'd say a catback will give you around 15rwhp

Quick Reply: new to forum and other stuff so i got soem questions