New Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 09:03 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default New Exhaust

Alright guys, I'm looking to buy a new muffler. I have a flowmasters on right now, which is why I'm wanting to get a new one. I need a dual outlet muffler cause I want to keep my piping. I'm looking to buy a Borla muffler. I've been hearing about the Borla Wailtail and was wondering about your guys opinion? Btw my car is a v6 with Pacesetter headers already on it. My brother just got a Magnaflow on his Jetta and it sounds really good so if I don't get a Borla then im going to get a Magnaflow but I myself prefer Borla. So if you guys could give me any recommendations then that would be great. Ive been trying to find videos of the Wailtail but I can't seem to find any. So please guys, give me your opinion and suggestions. Btw my brother says he can actually feel the torque in his Jetta now that he has a Magnaflow. Is that true? I mean he has a programmed chip so his performance is better so im not sure if that its or if its the Magnaflow too. He said he didnt feel it before he got the Magnaflow. So clarify me on this

Old 10-15-2010, 06:12 AM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Borla sounds really good and I was considering one, but they're generally more expensive, so I went with Magnaflow. I also have Pacesetters, but a lot of other work as well. There wasn't any noticeable difference when it was added other than sound. Jettas and Camaros are two different animals, so he probably felt a significant difference with it, whereas we won't as much with just a muffler. If you want Magnaflow sound clips on a Camaro (not a Jetta) I have a bunch of vids with flybys and idling.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Im not sure about the muffler adding much torque or hp. Maybe a little bit, but not much in my car. And yes, the borla would be the best. Idk what type of budget you have, but i would get the some type of Borla catback, with a hi-flow cat, or not cat at all haha. My friend has a GT with Borla Stingers with the cats cut out and an x pipe and it sounds AMAZING!!

Old 10-15-2010, 03:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes

If u want a deep rumble kinda raspy sound i would recommend SLP Loudmouth Exhaust.I put it on mine and it souds awesome.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

If you're going for any non-v6 specific set up, you either need some adapters or some sort of custom set up. The inlet/outlets are different for v8 and v6s. You can't just slap any ol exhaust on and expect it to bolt right up. My muffler isn't for my car, I needed pieces to flare and weld altogether.

Old 10-16-2010, 12:17 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I really want to know what the Borla Wailtail sounds like. But Im really going for that more modern muscle sound. Such as the new 2010 Camaro SS/RS with Magnaflows or the Shelby GT500's. I know it wont sound exactly like it because they are more performance based but im just trying to give you the idea of what type of sound im looking for. And I don't really have a budget. Just going to save up for whatever I need. Im not really trying to buy a cat back cause I'd rather just buy the muffler since my piping is good. Plus I could think of better things to spend a grand on for my car than a cat back for right now. Such as a chip or as little as an anti sway bar or new tires