New Clutch wont disengage HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Default T-56 Clutch Wont Disegage

I've got the same problem. I pulled the clutch to check the balance it was out for only a day and i didnt touch the resivoir cap or pedal. I put it back together and the damn thing wont disengage. Last time I had this problem the car sat for 4 years so I just got pissed and bought a new one. Are you telling me air can get into this system in just a day? I followed the factory bleeding procedure and also used a vacume pump. Still no results! Since I replaced the whole assembly with a new part I would guess it would have the above mentioned bleeder valve. Where is it? I cant seem to find it! Any help would be appreciated this is really pissing me off!

Old 06-08-2010, 08:31 PM

I have the same problem with mine. I have a newer assembly, but I cant seem to find the bleeder valve? Ive tried to bleed this thing for hours. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:53 PM

Did You ever figure this out? I have the same problem. I replaced the slave/master cylinder assembly. Still the same problem

Old 06-12-2010, 01:51 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

theres NO bleeder on this sht take the cap of and start pumpin the clutch it took me 3 days to get it back to normal chevy fcked that up

Old 06-12-2010, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by ZZZZZ YA
I've got the same problem. I pulled the clutch to check the balance it was out for only a day and i didnt touch the resivoir cap or pedal. I put it back together and the damn thing wont disengage. Last time I had this problem the car sat for 4 years so I just got pissed and bought a new one. Are you telling me air can get into this system in just a day? I followed the factory bleeding procedure and also used a vacume pump. Still no results! Since I replaced the whole assembly with a new part I would guess it would have the above mentioned bleeder valve. Where is it? I cant seem to find it! Any help would be appreciated this is really pissing me off!
I replaced EVERYTHING, new clutch kit, master/slave... Since there isnt a bleeder valve on this set up, you have to pump the slave cylinder by hand untill you get as much air out of the system that you can. Mine still wouldn't disengage because of air in the system so i had to adjust the pivot ball on the forks, that made it disengage, but the pedal is still spongy. The only way to get ALL the air out of the system is to leave the cap on the reservoir and pump the clutch pedal, Few pumps all the way in and out, then a few pumps 1/2 way in. then wait a minute or two. and do it again..

Old 06-12-2010, 04:53 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again,,, lol
dd