need some help pllease! waterpump or therma stat!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Default need some help pllease! waterpump or therma stat!

i have a question k i was driving home and the temp gauge was up a little . i only had a mile to go so i kept driving the temp kept going up got up to the red right before i killed it it all the sudden went back down to half way. is it possible that my therma stat is sticking.? or that the water pump just is not working . im leaning and hoping it is just the therma stat. also tried my best to look it was getting dark but i couldnt see any water leaking from the back of the pump . please if you have any advice let me know thanks!

Old 11-14-2008, 08:15 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: need some help pllease! waterpump or therma stat!

Its hard to say with out looking at it. It could be that your thermastat is sticking and since its the cheapest and a easy part to replace i would start there. When its lite out and you have a chance to drive it check the radiator and your over flow and see if there is any corrosion and deposits in it. You radiator could be going bad and not providing proper cooling under the load i say this because i had a truck one time that had the same problem. When i would drive it for a distance it would start to get hot. As soon as i stoped it would start to cool down as it sat at ideal with no load. I ran around in circles with and it was just the freaking radiator.[:'(]

Old 11-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Overdrive Member

You will notice that your duplicat thread in the LT1 section has disappeared (this one already had a post, so it was the one I left). In the future please keep your topic in one thread in the section you think it best fits.

As far as your problem, I agree with CBR, check the coolant, replace the thermostat since it's cheap(er) and easy(er than the waterpump).

Old 11-17-2008, 01:14 PM

thanks for the advice and it was the water pump replaced it and it is working fine now thanks.
and will keep it to one post! i was trying to get a fast response and i forgot to go back and delete the other in the tech section! thanks man.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Overdrive Member

No worries, it happens a lot, unfortunately we're a relatively small community, and most members won't post unless they have some decent advice, so sometimes it takes some time to get a response, be patient, someone will come along who knows the answer if you don't get an answer right away. Good luck!