Need some advise..

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 01:17 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Need some advise..

Ok Tomorrow is a big day for me... I have a v6 camaro but I have two camaros tomorrow to choose from.. well let me know what you guys think

Option A)
1996 Camaro SS 128k miles everything is good on thevehicle except tranny doesnt go from 2nd to 3rd its automatic. I found a tranny for 400 bucks and my uncle can install it for 300 dollars. The car is priced at 2000 Firm. So total cost will be $2700

Option B)
1996 Camaro Z28 170k miles with heads rebuilt 30k miles ago. Has a MOD cam, New fuel pump ,New fuel pressure regulator ,New fuel filters ,New distributor ,New spark plugs ,New ignition and vat/key system. Only problem is a small freon leak at the input pin and oxidized hood (im doing the 98 conversion anyhow) This one I brought down to $2200 from $2400

With either car im taking it to Gearhead Garage here in Gilbert, AZ to have them rebuild the motor and do some internal work and Bore it out to a 383 for around $3500 bucks which is reasonable.

So please I would greatly appreciate it on which camaro to purchase that will benefit me in the long run. Im just worried about the whole tranny problem with the SS. Thanks

Old 07-26-2009, 01:23 AM
2nd Gear member

i would go with option b it sounds like a was abused alot so you never know what else is going to go on but with all that you are doing it seems like either really doesnt matter

Old 07-26-2009, 01:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stix80
i would go with option b it sounds like a was abused alot so you never know what else is going to go on but with all that you are doing it seems like either really doesnt matter
The guy with option A lives quite a bit away from me so if I drive it in 2nd gear doing 50 im afraid something more terrible will happen to it.. not to mention id have to take into shop right away and it be out of commission for a while where as option b id have right away with no problems major ones that is

Old 07-26-2009, 01:31 AM
2nd Gear member

yeah then i would go with b

Old 07-26-2009, 01:34 AM
1st Gear Member

yeah then i would go with b
yeah im definitely leaning towards it.. I just hope I get my hands on it, he says a lot of people are going to be looking at it tomorrow. Is it smarter to print up a vehicle purchase agreement and have some sort of limited warranty to where he lists all the problems it has then take it to get inspected and if a major issue occurs to return it to him or does it really matter since im having the motor rebuilt anyhow

Old 07-26-2009, 01:37 AM
2nd Gear member

i would say its probably being sold as is and if you give him his money cash before anyone else he wont care he just wants money

Old 07-26-2009, 01:39 AM
1st Gear Member

i would say its probably being sold as is and if you give him his money cash before anyone else he wont care he just wants money
Yeah good point... yeah ill be driving it around afor around a month and then its going into the shop to get the motor redone, ill have all the necessary parts for a 98+ conversion and have it painted before they drop the motor back in... Im going with a two-tone either silver body paint with black trick like the hood scoop or true blue pearl as the body with black trim

Old 07-26-2009, 01:46 AM
2nd Gear member

i would almsot go blue with black even though its going to be hard to keep clean when it is its going ot look amazing

Old 07-26-2009, 02:54 AM
1st Gear Member

i would almsot go blue with black even though its going to be hard to keep clean when it is its going ot look amazing
yeah silver/black seems to played out... plus with blue and black i can do the black corvette c5 rims with blue calipers or something

Old 07-26-2009, 09:29 AM
2nd Gear member

i think corvette rims are played out too when you start looking for rims tell me i work at discount tire i will find something that is really good looking at matches your style

Quick Reply: Need some advise..