Need help with my 1995 camaro!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 08:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Need help with my 1995 camaro!!!

I bought a 1995 Camaro at an auto auction about 2-3 years ago.
Then

now

It ran fine till I suspected a problem with the alternator. I got a new one installed and everything was fine.

---------now some problems---------

I dont know what this wire is or where it goes

-------

driver side window and passenger window didn't work so I got new motors and still didn't work. I couldn't find anything on the wiring for the windows so i just tried to rig it to work with cables from the battery and burnt out a few switches. Now the cables it hooked up to the battery just hang out till I can find a way to fix it. Motors work and all just need a wiring scheme or w/e.

-------

The Muffler has fallen off and I have rigged it to stay up, I do not know how to fix this without having to get a whole new muffler or take it to a shop to get something done about it.

-------

NUMBER ONE PROBLEM!
For a few months now the car has not been starting, So I hook it up to a battery charger wait about 1-2 min and the car starts right up. so I changed spark plugs and got a new battery & got my alt and battery check everything seemed fine. & im still having the problem.
After I get the car started it runs fine, and if i turn it off I can start it right back up, but if it sits for more then 2 hours it wont start.

-------

When I accelerate quickly, the car hesitates to put the power down so I let up and accelerate again and it goes just fine.

If someone could help me out I would appreciate it VERY MUCH! Ask any questions you need to!!

Old 05-07-2012, 09:13 PM
In the Staging Lanes

The reason your car will not start if it sits for a while is most likely because something is draining your battery. All the new batteries in the world will not help if you cannot find the source of the drain. Some of the stuff you did to try and get the windows working is the first place I'd check. Did you ever try just putting a new window switch without the custom wiring you did?

I recommend you take the car to an exhaust shop to get that muffler taken care of properly.

Sorry, I can't help with your hesitation problem.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:14 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

wow, looks like a wiring problem. have a look at 13 here 4th Gen LT1 F-Body Tech Aids