NEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Default NEED HELP!

When i fill upa full tankthe needle goes over the FULL marker, as the tank empties the farthest the needle decreases is a little under the 3/4 FULL marker and no further.

I think its either the fuel pump sensor that is being obstructed somehow or the dashboard needle itself may be the problem.
Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated

Old 06-08-2007, 03:44 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: NEED HELP!

Could be the in-tank fuel level indicator.....basically a float on an arm.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Droid

That is a typica GM fuel gage, not worth fixing it, just get used to it. Fill up when it reads 1/2 and you will have 3-4 gal cushion.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:38 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I have the same problem...just learn how many miles you can travel on a tank and keep reseting the trip meter when you fill up. I figured mine out because my trip meter said I had drove almost 300 miles and was reading at just under 3/4 of a tank. And I just new that wasnt right so I quickly found a gas station and filled up. With the amout of gas it took to fill it, I figured I was lucky, cuz I was most likely running on empty.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:43 AM

I figured my gas gage out after I ran out of gas twice. The third time doesn't count because I wasn't actually out of gas I was just really low. I run out of gas at a hair under 1/4 but get nervious enough to stop ANYWHERE at 1/2 tank. Needless to say the gas gage is my best friend these days.