My Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 01:01 AM
Default My Car

So I got a 1998 Camaro 3.8 soo, the problem is that my car sounds like it wants to turn of while its idling and while it's running what could it be? And another problem is that my car takes a while to turn on I have to give it gas in order for it to turn on?

Old 08-21-2015, 07:14 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jam49067
So I got a 1998 Camaro 3.8 soo, the problem is that my car sounds like it wants to turn of while its idling and while it's running what could it be? And another problem is that my car takes a while to turn on I have to give it gas in order for it to turn on?
WELCOME ABOARD

first, questions are not given answers until photos of the car of new members are provided

nah

please elaborate on "sounds like it wants to turn off"

Do you mean that the idle is real low? If so, what's the reading on the tach?

As you're driving around, does it stumble and perhaps even backfire?

If the answer is that it runs fine as you're driving, and given the lack of details provided, if I had to take a wild guess (click the link)

More Information for STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS AC66T

but again, more details needed

Old 08-21-2015, 09:03 AM
4th Gear Member

could be the check valve on your fuel pump ,try turing the.key on 2 or 3 times ,then if it starts right up thats it i had it happen in my 95 ,i would just turn the key without starting to allow the flow to get there saves the starter ..

Old 08-21-2015, 11:31 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

have you scanned for trouble codes? how old are the spark plugs, spark plug wires, fuel filter, air filter? a lean or rich condition can cause what you are seeing.