My camaro is a Transformer! Must read.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 11:00 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default My camaro is a Transformer! Must read.

So today is the second day I've been kind of just driving to drive my 97 z28 6 speed camaro. The girl is at work, nothing to do around the house, so I figured I'd just drive. Well I drove to a very hilly part of where I live and decided to see my brother in law at his job- he works at advanced discount auto- so I said why not. His store is on a hill, while pulling onto the hill I had to brake a little because I was going too fast to make the corner. All of the sudden my car decides it won't let the clutch work, it keeps the throttle in the same spot, and it wanted to pull itself up this hill. Now the weird part was, I had slowed down a bit, to make the corner went to push the clutch in and it did everything for me. It sped up to make the hill perfectly, which wouldve been a little tricky. Unfortunately bumblebee is a little stubborn and wouldn't let me slow her down. I had to literally slam on the brake and fight it out of second gear without the clutch because it wasn't working. After that, she ran perfect. Please someone help me tame this thing? What's up with it?

Old 03-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I have seen this before. There is a nut loose in front of the steering wheel. It can cause all kinds of problems till you get that straighten out.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:38 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I'm not trying to be mean, that just sounded weird. Were you making that up? I just find it hard to believe that a nut anywhere near the steering wheel would cause clutch and accelerator problems.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Overdrive Member

You are the nut...

Old 03-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Ninja Administrator

cruise control may be acting up if u have it

Old 03-18-2009, 02:54 PM
In the Staging Lanes

LOL. Here I am looking for real answers so hard that I consider what somebody says. And had he worded it correctly it wouldve been aparent that he was being sarcastic. But seeing as I'm behind the steering wheel, I didn't get it. That being said I really am wondering what's up with the car. Both the clutch and throttle stuck. No I am not nuts. I've raced sportbikes since I was 8 and am fully aware of how a clutch and throttle are supposed to react. I'm just curious as to whether or not I need to bleed the clutch? Or maybe check the pedal assembly.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:58 PM
In the Staging Lanes

The cruise control thing makes sense. I'll defiantely check into that. Now I know cruise control uses the TPS to "lock" the throttle. Does it do the same with the clutch?

Old 03-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Ninja Administrator

so ur saying the clutch didnt disengage with the pedal?

that would be weird... that should be 100% mechanical so there is no reason it wouldnt go

Old 03-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Overdrive Member

Also depressing the brake pedal should almost immediately disengage the cruise control. Not sure if the clutch does the same though.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Ninja Administrator

however, at least in my car which has the double cable TB, pressing the gas does NOT take it off. so if you have it on, and accelerate using ur foot, and then let off the gas the speed will drop until the set point and you will feel it engage again and start pulling.

Quick Reply: My camaro is a Transformer! Must read.