MUSTANG TROUBLE

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 10:22 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: MUSTANG TROUBLE

Ok guys.. It IS an advantage for a Mustang to compare a 04 SC Mustang to an 02 Z28. What do you want to hear? Good job on the supercharger, your car is bad ***..? Well, you can have it then.. Cobras have that nice little SC and they are pretty damn fast. But that isnt reason enough to talk **** on Camaros. Honestly what do you guys hate more? Camaros or those damn imports that are outselling your Mustangs? Cant people just agree that BOTH cars are respectible?? I mean damn.. Im getting tired of everyone arguing all the time.. its getting old people. And whats with all you mustang guys on a CAMARO forum? I like the fact that more people are becomming part of this and giving their imput, but dont come here if your going to talk ****. You can go to your mustang forums for that. Seriously guys.. I like Camaros more than mustangs, just like you mustang guys like your mustangs more than camaros. But I STILL give them respect..

Old 04-30-2007, 10:44 PM
April 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

BUAHAHAHAHA
here are some problems with everything you said

1. your stats are rediculous and its obvious that you just made them up as you were typing
2. a stock LS1 does low to mid 13s stock and 12s have been seen, completly stock
3. already been covered but the mustangs in question dont have blowers
4. an 03/04 cobra is still stock even though it has a sc. rule of thumb: if it comes with it than its stock!!!!!

just trying to straighten your facts out since you dont seem to know a dam thing
Ok, to clarify,
1. I'll have to find the news link with the stats. In the mean time just look at any Wal-mart, Target and or any super market, movie theater parking lot and count the v6's against the GT's. The survey I mentioned covered stang buyers from 2000-2004, 48% were women.
2.When I made reference to high 13's on a stock LS1 it was really a worse case scenario, like a so-so driver, bad weather..etc it just didn't come out that way I guess.
3. I actually misunderstood the post and thought the guy referred to an 03-04 Cobra hitting mid 13's...my bad
4. Sorry for the confusion, but I am from the old school and logical side, meaning that in reality there really is no such thing as a "stock" engine with a power added. A s/c or turbo car may come from a dealership with that on it and so its referred to as stock, but neither of those things are like pistons or a cam for example, which areitems an engine HAS to have to work properly. A power adder is not. Engines are not designed nor built around a power adder. Usually there'sa base engine for something else, then some modifications are made tothat engine tohandle the power adder. Are there exceptions to this? Absolutely, like there is for everything else in life. But the cobras are not one of them. the base was a Mach 1.

Old 04-30-2007, 11:34 PM
April 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ORIGINAL: MACn89blckstng

^^^^ he speaks the thruth, I dont hate on Camaros, I just think Mustangs, especially 03/04 Cobras, make more sense and respond to mods alot better than the ls1. I'm sure some can (and will try to) prove me wrong. My one buddy has a 35th Anniversary SS with H/C/I and only put 420 to the wheels. Where my other friend has an 04 Cobra with a Cold Air, a pulley, exhaust, and Im pretty sure a mild tune and spanked the Camaro. Some of you need to be a little more open minded, I cant stand the ever going Camaro/Mustang battle, besides, at least the Mustang is still being built.......... Im gonna get heat for that one.
ANYTHING with a S/C will respond better to mods. As far as your friends SS.....what heads did he have...a pair of $900 Dart's or a pair of $2200 AFR's? Did he have a Hot Cam....or something barely bigger or smaller? Was the intake the FAST 90/90 set up or LS6? Was it an A4? You can't just say the LS1's don't take to mods well because of the results of his car.

The fact is that the LS1 takes to mods waaaaaay better than you think. LS1 owners with cam only cars consistantly hit about 400rwhp to 440 with a good mid rangeto a large cam. MS4and T-rex cammed cars with AFR 205 heads, FAST 90/90intake and supporting bolt on's hit 470+ easy to the wheels. Trick flow heads with all of the above get you to the 500rwhp range.Thats without a power freakin adder.

And yeah your Cars are still being built.....

1.you can thank the women who are responsible for a large part of sales, and yet...
2. They are still getting compared to F-bodies, whose been dead for 5 years and theengine in it, that came out 10 years ago ( in a Vette first).

Hey I like Stangs though, they're American, I just don't like the people who assume that those cars are superior when they are not. Both cars have +'s and -'s.Our rear ends suck...yepp, stang still alive....yes, GM 's LS series engines superior...hell ya!! It's give and take with both cars you guys just need to know your role.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:06 AM
2nd Gear member

sorry to be so blunt zoilus, but holy **** i love your car.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:11 AM

I dont know what heads he had or anything, but the car was in a couple magazines.Its ran high 11's on spray.He keeps breakinthings on ittoo. Im not hatin, Im just tryin to defend my kind. lolol Hell the first FAST car I drove was when I was 16 with my permit, my friends dad let me rip his 2002 SS convertable 6 speed BARELY knowing how to drive stick and I was damn impressed, and I've driven a WS6 6 speed car, love the pull but I could never see myself in one. They are too long for me and have alot of over hang.I drove a stock03 Cobra and I was shocked about the amount oftorque that was on tap. Ilaunched at a stop lightnervous as helland was leaning forward, Im not joking when I tell you that it pulled me back so hard it made me rip the car out of first gear. I wasn't ready for it at all.I guess I was gripping the shifterin fear of my life. hahaThe stangs just seem more lighter ansmaller than the Maros andthe Birds.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:09 AM
2nd Gear member

perhaps you ripped the car out of first gear because those damn mustangs put the shifter 4 feet from the seat. just kidding, but something does seem a little odd about the "ratio" of leg room to arm length required to shift the car. Then again maybe its because I've only sat in one with the seat way back.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:17 AM

Yes I hate the ricers. I dont hate you Camaro guys. But stop ragging about beating fox's. We give up cubic inches to you. Yet the Cobra gives up cubes to you. But adds DOHC and a s/c. And all you guys gripe about how its not fair. So its only fair for us to give up cubic inches if we make less power? Lol, I love the WS-6. And I know I'm probably going to get flamed for this. But they still look like cat.......nevermind I'llkeep it to myself.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:51 AM
2nd Gear member

go ahead and say it.. you wont offend me a bit. I agree, it does look similar to a catfish. But its a bad *** catfish to me, and I like the way it looks..

Old 05-01-2007, 02:34 AM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: nickdotcom

a saleen is not a cobra and i don't think a stock lt1 can even get out of its own way
are you serious? my BONE stock 97 Lt1 SS runs the EXACT same #'s as a LS1 in the 1/8th...i have slips to prove it....

Old 05-01-2007, 11:10 AM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: cwalk

I wouldn't brag about spending 8k just to get into the 12's. You can do that with a set of gears and some exlporer heads/intake on a mustang. The best part is. You can find all the parts to get a fox into 12's in a junkyard. For 8k, you could probably buy and build a 10 sec fox.
i ran 12.98 with only headers,CAI, catback, stock 3.42 gears and a 2800 stall, at that point i only had about 5-6K invested including the car and including bodywork, and my 12.01 was last year, with an experimental valvetrain.
after im done this summerI shouldberunning high 11's N/A on a stock bottom end.

Quick Reply: MUSTANG TROUBLE