Minor Interior Pieces?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 10:55 PM
2nd Gear member

I can get my convertible top seatbelt guides on eBay for $40 (+ $10 shipping!!!!), but my convertible top switch seems to be hard to find. It still works, but the housing pops out and doesn't sit right...I'd like it to be flush so it shows the shift pattern and sits correctly.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:14 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Guitar
I can get my convertible top seatbelt guides on eBay for $40 (+ $10 shipping!!!!), but my convertible top switch seems to be hard to find. It still works, but the housing pops out and doesn't sit right...I'd like it to be flush so it shows the shift pattern and sits correctly.
Might sound a little cheap but take a hot glue gun and put a few dabs of glue to hold the housing in. It's strong enough to keep it in yet weak enough you can take it out of needed. That's how gm glues on the speaker covers in these cars. I did this to a few things to stop rattling and it works wonders. Plus only you will know it's there.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:41 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

woops forgot the link, fixed it.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Guitar
yes if you mean the face that houses the switch that makes the top go down came off, I also just used a adhesive like goop to glue it back in place. The wires that are connected to the switch put a lot of preasure on the plastic face due to their excessive length.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:27 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

you have the auto, the consoles are different from the manual trans. i am going to reverse my thought here and say the ashtray itself is most likely the same. still check the part numbers to see if they are the same for all the years and models.

Originally Posted by masonhoban
honestly I'm not sure, I always thought mine was more rectangle and that looks more square, but I dont remember specifically and won't be able to check my car till late august when i go back to CT. This is the only picture of the console I have and it dosnt give a great view but it is in a different spot than in the console you posted, possibly because its a vert? or maybe just changes for different years.