May 2nd is High School Drag day at PIR

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 11:06 PM
4th Gear Member
Default May 2nd is High School Drag day at PIR

Ok so May 2ndis high school drag day at Pacific Raceways and i plan on going. Ive got a small decision to make.1. Would i be better off topping off my intake (ive got theTrick Flow upper elbow and im getting a Lingenfelter CAI)orshould i get new exhaust LTs, 3iny,Dualhigh flow cats,catback. Ican do the intake now and then start saving for the exhaust but idk if id have enough for the whole thing by May2nd and if i wait i may or may not have enough anyways since im looking at probably close to a grand in parts/work for the exhaust.Right now im 99% stock (the upper intake elbow and the fact that i have no cat..)

Old 03-27-2008, 12:01 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: May 4th is High School Drag day at PIR

I say get your CAI, then catback, then LT'sw/ cattedy-pipe. Basically, get what you can in that time and run it. That way you can have some sort of "baseline" before other mods.

I have a buddy who didn't want to run his '72 camaro at a local track cuz he was waitingfor a deal on a posi and now the track shut down!

Old 03-27-2008, 02:00 AM
4th Gear Member

well this track isnt shutting down as they just spent 135 million dollars on a renovation.. but there are open tracks and "grudge races" in june that id be able to go to. Ill get my CAI now and work on exhaust later. I have no intention of installing any exhaust component one at a time that way when i go put it all in brand new i will know how many miles are one the system as a whole and one piece wont recieve any more wear n tear before the rest.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:07 AM
Ninja Administrator

if you have to do one or the other and you already have an elbow DEFINITLY do the LT's. intakes are mostly a formality and offer a little extra flow, but headers offer scavenging which is a whole new way to make power. even though it isnt ideal to run LT's without working on your intake, you will be faster with just a new exhaust setup than you will be with just a new CAI

Old 03-27-2008, 02:57 AM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

well this track isnt shutting down as they just spent 135 million dollars on a renovation.. but there are open tracks and "grudge races" in june that id be able to go to. Ill get my CAI now and work on exhaust later. I have no intention of installing any exhaust component one at a time that way when i go put it all in brand new i will know how many miles are one the system as a whole and one piece wont recieve any more wear n tear before the rest.
Are you serious?!?!?! Thats an incredibly large amount of money. Whats this track look like?

Old 03-27-2008, 11:57 AM
4th Gear Member

Yeah like i said i dont want to install any exhaust component by itself. I think ill finish my intake and get new brakes and tires. That way i wont slide around the road when its wet etc also. Then ill do exhaust piece it all together and install it at the same time.

But the track looks like this:

Drag Strip: New drag strip to run North-South which eliminates late-afternoon sun problems, directly across from the new facility entrance to allow easy access for racers and fans. Lowered 25 feet to help with noise abatement.
Spectator Bridge: Constructed over the road course which will allow easy fan access to all parts of the road course facility, even during racing sessions.

Drag Strip Pits/Parking: Fully-paved pits and parking located directly adjacent to the drag strip.
Club House and Office Complex: All-new offices and club house facility with restaurants.

Gas Station: Full-featured gas station located directly adjacent to the drag strip facility.
Motorsports Business Complex: Over 500,000 square feet of commercial and industrial facilities.

Shift Kart Track: World-class, multi-configurable shift kart facility, lowered 25 feet to assist in noise abatement.
Hospitality and Education Centers:

3/8-Mile Paved Oval Track: The paved oval track and grandstand facility capable of hosting sprint and short-track stock car racing events.
Super Speedway: Proposed future high-speed banked tri-oval will attract NASCAR racing events.

Oval Track Pits:
2.25-Mile Road Course: FIA certification of the road course, capable of attracting NASCAR, IRL and CART racing events.

Fire Station/Care Center: Fully-equipped with state-of-the-art firefighting and emergency medical care equipment.
Motocross Facility:

Road Course Paddock/Cold Pit Garages:
Permanent Racer Garages:

300-Foot Skid Pad: For driver education and photographic purposes.
Access Tunnels: Constructed underneath the road course to allow easy vehicle and spectator access to all parts of the road course facility, even during racing sessions.

Driving School Buildings/Autocross Area:

Old 03-27-2008, 12:10 PM
4th Gear Member

THe best mod you could do at this point is a set of drag radials. I can promise that you will not be able to launch that car on a street tire worth a damn. Always do suspension and tires before adding more power, power is usless if the car can't hook.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Ninja Administrator

that track is amazing. I want one like that right around here. where are u?

Old 03-27-2008, 01:50 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JD1969

THe best mod you could do at this point is a set of drag radials. I can promise that you will not be able to launch that car on a street tire worth a damn. Always do suspension and tires before adding more power, power is usless if the car can't hook.
Spoken like a true racer!!

Old 03-27-2008, 05:30 PM
4th Gear Member

its in Washington State.. around Covington. Anyway yeah i was thinking about getting a set of DRs BUT im not looking at adding alot of other power and i dont want to do anything major until summer (suspension etc.). Im trying to follow specs modding guideline thing. make it breathe better.

Quick Reply: May 2nd is High School Drag day at PIR