lt1 swap computer questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 08:46 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default lt1 swap computer questions

I have a butiful 1994 camaro convertible that u could eat off only thing is it has the 3.4 lt bummer right so i have always wanted to swap it out for an lt1 offcorse money and other things have prevented this from coming true until latly. i have a freind that has a corvette he recently wrecked from behind and the engine and trainy are still good as with all the frount end he is willing to sell it to me for 600 bucks no im very mechanicly inclined and have swaped engines before mostly older cars with carberators so my question has more to do with the computer part of it all will the computer from the 95 corvette fit in my 94 camaro or should i look for another computer what should i do im stumped if i get another computer will it work with the engine i still want all my air bags and all that stuff to still work

Old 04-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Tech Droid

You could probably adapt the computer and wiring harness from the Vette, but the easier way would be to get a 94 LT1 computer and wiring harness.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:20 AM
In the Staging Lanes

i say try to locate a cheap computer and harness like z28 pete said...save yourself lots of trouble..look in junkyards and people parting out cars

Old 04-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

What year Vet? Do you realize how integrated these computers are? You need to do a lot of research on what is involved. With the exception of the long block very few parts will work. GM quite doing standard engine bays so all the brackets, hose and stuff are different. Even the frame K-member will need to be from a V8 Camaro. I am not sure if the Tranny is a direct bolt in. I am sure Camaro 69 would know what years will work.

Here is a site that will help with what you need.
http://www.tacreationsusa.com/3_4_3_8_v6_to_lt1.htm

You want to pay attention to the matrix at the bottom of the pages and look at how many sub-systems need to be replaced just going from one year to the next.

One thing to think about, since your V6 is nice shape leave it be and drive it as an everyday car. Go out and find a LT1 car with a blown motor. Normally that can be found for under $1500 if you look around you can find them is decent condition. Use the LT1 motor and tranny to fix that car then sell or keep the V6 car. If you want to LT1 car cherry you can do a lot of upgrading with the money you would get for the nice shape V6 car.