Ls2 Stroker in 93 fbody

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Default Ls2 Stroker in 93 fbody

I have a 1993 Z28, with a tired engine, and I recently accquired a Ls2 block for free, and i planned rebuilding it. With considerable help from a friend.

i do have some questions though, and i have done alot of reading and searching, they were very helpful bits and pieces of information to aid me, now im looking for info for my specific set up.

Im looking to stroke the engine; forced induction i believe would cost me too much and the block is already bare, so stroking seems logical and semi cost effective.

The specific kit im looking at -
http://www.coasthigh.com/Chevy-LS-6-...93-dm-c421.htm

Its a 421 ci setup i do plan on overboring the ls2 by .03

i havent found very many articles about people doing this, have seen a couple with relatively postive resaults...

Heads is something i was curious about, i can get the L92 heads for low cost but the compression will not be as high, but flow much better

Any Cam suggestions would be great i can get a Zr1 cam for free, but if there is a better cam setup; not looking for overly aggressive cams

I plan on buying a new transmission , i dont know if a new driveshaft will be inorder but most likely, as well as new rear end but if not let me know.

- Goals
~600 hp N/A
~500 Tq
round high 11 1/4
spending under 8k on rebuild (Tranny not included)
I like torque, but also quick 1/4
Agressive street rod/ track

Im saving $600+ a month, this will take time so there is no hurry i would like to finish and drop it in with in a year ~ Jan 4 2012

Thx for your help and guidance

Old 01-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Overdrive Member

Well I am having a hard time figuring out what you are doing. You want forced induction and you are worried about heads that dont have enough compression, you list 600HP N/A... you build an engine for N/A or F/I not both. You need to decide what you are going to do, then you can make educated decisions on what heads, cam, pistons, rods, injectors, TB and everything else that is needed to build a strong 600HP engine. You are also going to have to look into getting a doner car for all the stuff needed to make the LS series engine fit into your LT series car. Look at the V6 thead about V6-V8 engine swaps, what you need to go from LT to LS is the same.

The ZR1 cam will only work with the rest of the ZR1 equips like the supercharger and heads and what have you. So figure out what you are going to do then research and ask us questions.

Massey