LOUDEST EXHAUST

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 06:48 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default LOUDEST EXHAUST

i got a 98 trans am and im looking to get a new exhaust for it im looking for the loudest street legal exhaust setup without doin a cam. i was looking at the slp loudmouth but whats the best set up out there that sounds great but lets people know u mean business?? let me know asap thanks

Old 01-05-2008, 07:22 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: LOUDEST EXHAUST

This thread was just done not too long ago https://camaroforums.com/m_92246/tm.htm

Old 01-05-2008, 08:27 PM
4th Gear Member

not only was it done, its been over done. Just search around man. Youtube helps me out alot kuz i watch video clips. (just to save you the trouble id suggest finding some nice Long Tube headers and a magnaflow catback.) Do you have a WS6 or just trans am? thow up some pics man!

Old 01-05-2008, 08:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah I looked at a 96 with a magnaflow before I got my car.I know it is different but imagine it would sound almost the same, and it sounded really nice, throaty but not too raspy either, kind of best of both worlds just a little less.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:40 AM
4th Gear Member

yeah, the gm exhuast on our cars arent that bad, but ive got the rectangular tips and they are fuuuuuugly. Magnaflows come with nice 3" rounded tips and id assume a 3(?) chambered exhuast... but im not sure about that i may be getting the chambers mixed up but i know one is better than the other two.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:24 AM
1st Gear Member

I think it is a 3 inch in and dual 2.5 out to a 3.5 inch tip. Either way they look good being all stainless and sound pretty good too.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:56 PM
2nd Gear member

well i had the slp loudmouth catback and it was loud and sounded great but it dont compare to wat i have now, i set off alarms when i start, it rev, it and drive by cars and the sound is great, i have pacesetter lt headers with the texas speeds x pipe system and it is by far wat u want if u want pple to look(cops as well lol) u want to set off alarms and have a great and way loud car ...

Old 01-06-2008, 04:27 PM
4th Gear Member

Yeah, that sounds fun. honestly i like the way Corvettes sound... its indescribable but its beautiful.. SLP is ok id still go with Magnaflow.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yeah, if u want the loudest sound around, then i would go with slp. i always listen to soundclips on youtube andwhen comparing slp to the other brands, slp defiantly sounds the loudest. magnaflow, flowmaster, borla all sound pretty decent, but if u want that old muscle car sound, i think that slp offers that.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:31 PM
4th Gear Member

Well theres a difference between obnoxious loud like 98SS described and deep toned loud.. if that makes sence.. like running with open headers... its LOUD and obnoxious.. where as havingthe stock system isnt as loud but it sounds ALOT better and your ears wont bleed. Shop around for what you like and can afford, youtube has always helped me out with stuff like this so search around and see what you like etc.

Quick Reply: LOUDEST EXHAUST