It's Official

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 11:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default It's Official

I completed my first real "mod" today. I did the Free Ram Air mod complete with the K&N air filter. I think mom would be pleased. It's got a nice throttle response now, accelerates very smoothly and I happy to say I didn't loose my temper at any part of the work.

I must admit though it took me a couple of hours instead of less than one...you know once you decide to start a project that's when your primary tools, i.e. your dremel and jig saw, will decide to break without having a backup blade or bit.

I also replaced the hatch lifts, and resoldered my body control module. That leaves a throttle body cleaning and new brakes sometime down the road.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:48 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

no pictures? lol gotta start somewhere and it sounds like u did good. more power.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:16 PM
In the Staging Lanes

No pics. I'll try and remember to take some when I take everything apart to work on the throttle body. I used a jig saw for the plastic air box, and a dremel with a metal cut off wheel to cut through the frame. It's not exactly the neatest cut job due to my wheels breaking. I was using the thin ones (for hobby work) since my primary (and it's back up) decided to break on me. When I remove the box to work on my throttle body I'll clean it up.

But I picked up probably 5-10 HP...and it's much more responsive. When I have more money than common sense I may look at an exhaust system to give me a little more and give the car back her "growl."