its friggin cold in my car...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 12:15 AM
4th Gear Member
Default its friggin cold in my car...

Ok, sooo now that its not 90 degrees outanymore ive been trying to use my defrost and heater.. and needless to sayi only get cold air.. no matter what.. and the outside of my windshieldgets foggy.. icant see and i have to use mywipers to clear it up.. but it comes back.. I run ac, i run fan, irun defrost... all cold air and never helps remove the foggy spots..Nowthis happened in my mustang.. only cold air and colddefrostcleared my windshield upBUT problem was my thermostat was stuck and then my radiator blew at theplastic seam and my engine overheated.... Im justworried that my engine will blow up.. (appearently its already had a blown head gasket) and i cant afford that lol

Any ideas on what would cause my heater notto work and why my window would fog on the outside when my temp guage says its below the 1/2 way mark? (my rear defrost works fine btw)

Old 09-05-2007, 12:25 AM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: its friggin cold in my car...

Do you have the temperature **** turned to the red? The heater core could possibly be bypassed, because it used to leak maybe... If the inside of the car (around or on the window) is cool enough, then the outside will fog up. Vise versa will get the inside to fog up. All it is, is condensation. Similar to a glass of ice water.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:36 AM
4th Gear Member

lol yes... ive tried turning it to full blast hot but i get cold. As far as the bypass and what not.. what?... lol im no mechanic... anyway i can look at something and report back its condition? Would that show up on a scan of sort?

Old 09-05-2007, 12:46 AM
Overdrive Member

It wouldn't show up on a scan. If it's not bypassed, there should be some heater hoses coming to and from the passenger side firewall. It shouldn't if it is bypassed. Another thing maybe that the heater core is plugged up. A friend of mine had an LT1 Formula and had the same problem. Turns out, the heater core had all sorts of mineral deposits and whatnot in it.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:11 AM
4th Gear Member

can i bring that somewhere to be checked for a pretty inexpensive price?

Old 09-05-2007, 01:19 AM
Overdrive Member

If you have any radiator shops around there, they should be able to help you figure out the problem. I don't really think it's that expensive, if he just has to flush it out. Now, acutal repairs will cost a bit more.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:25 AM
4th Gear Member

ok. I mean my car is in need of a tune up like crazy. It ticks like no other and... well.. its just gettin old.. but im trying to breathe new life into it while working for minimum wage part time and going to school full time lol.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:29 AM
2nd Gear member

ha, i'm having the opposite problem right now, stupid ac won't work, and i just recharged it. i'm just glad its getting colder if only for that reason

Old 09-05-2007, 02:35 AM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: armynatguard18

ha, i'm having the opposite problem right now, stupid ac won't work, and i just recharged it. i'm just glad its getting colder if only for that reason

Can you hear the compressor cycling?

Old 09-05-2007, 02:50 AM
2nd Gear member

honestly it just started happening on me, and i haven't had the chance to lift the hood and listen to it while trying it. and i usually have the radio on too loud when i'm driving so no.
ps, i work midnights and happened upon this site last night, just HAD to sign up for it. everybody seems so helpful on here

Quick Reply: its friggin cold in my car...