HydroMaro project

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:14 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: HydroMaro project

ill read it eventually cause im interested in this, but right now im on vacation and i dont wanna read :P lol

Old 07-03-2008, 06:49 AM
1st Gear Member

How come I get the vibe that this is super dangerous to the engine in the car and the people around it? I know NOTHING about this "ology" stuff. See, I don't even know what to call it, but it doesn't seem safe. Well, I guess you can't knock it if you haven't tried it huh? Good luck, sound like you may need some.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:56 AM
3rd Gear Member

see what they're doing is, is out doing the terrorist. there turning a camaro in to an H-bomb and driving it to iraq with its new found hp and increased gas milage, and then there gonna blow it up and end the war.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Ninja Administrator

did any of you guys look at the ls1.com link? i went into alot more stuff there... more than I care to type again.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:55 PM
1st Gear Member

ok spec
i read almost all of it.
it was alot so im kinda forgeting all the ?s

btw now im convinced your a robot.

anyway....

so your saying if you split hydrogen from the oxygen in water (even at a high rate). then run into a carb it will combine with the oxygen in the intake/carb and return to water? basically then your putting gas and water into the cylinders?

or is it that hydrogen burns too hot to be in a cylinder?
or the devices produce too little actual hydrogen? (cause the some of the videos seem like alot)
or all of the above? cause it seems like all of these engines doing this would fail.
and i havent seen one that said it didnt work.
would it be possible to run an engine if it was designed to hadle the hydrogen combustion?

my plan was to use an OLD yamaha motorcycle so it wouldnt have to produce a whole lot.
if i could produce an adequete amount of hydrogen could i choke out the air flow to match this?
so then my air:fuel would be more ideal?

im not trying to disagree with you im justextremely curious about this.
and you seem to be smart enough andwilling enough to share knowledgethat itmakes you the guy to ask.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Ninja Administrator

im gunna type in red so its easier to pick out whats from me
ORIGINAL: brassknukl

ok spec
i read almost all of it.
it was alot so im kinda forgeting all the ?s

btw now im convinced your a robot.Not a robot... but chemist is pretty damn close [>:]

anyway....

so your saying if you split hydrogen from the oxygen in water (even at a high rate). then run into a carb it will combine with the oxygen in the intake/carb and return to water? basically then your putting gas and water into the cylinders? no, its the combustion that recombines them. so you are putting hydrogen in the cyl, and it will react with oxygen when sufficient energy (aka spark) is given to the mixture

or is it that hydrogen burns too hot to be in a cylinder? yes, the main reason for rich fuel mixtures is to keep the cylinder cool so you dont melt key components. look at pictures of leaned cylinders, they usually have melted holes in them
or the devices produce too little actual hydrogen? (cause the some of the videos seem like alot)yes, it seems like alot but try to visualize what 2000rpm really is. thats a cylinder pumping 33 times each second, moving its entire volume each time. the engine will suck all HHO gas off of the top of the water faster than it is being made.
or all of the above? cause it seems like all of these engines doing this would fail.
and i havent seen one that said it didnt work. if these people arent spouting all out BS, there is 1 possible way they think its working. the process is 2 step: make hydrogen, trick computer to think its running rich. this 2nd part results in a lean burn. im not sure where it started, but some people think that hydrogen "increases combustion efficiency in a lean condition" meaning you can safely run lean. this is not true.they think that lean is a matter of NOx produces, which i addressed in the link on page 1. its a matter of heat. hydrogen burns hotter than gas. this process removes gas. 2 wrongs dont make a right.
would it be possible to run an engine if it was designed to hadle the hydrogen combustion? absolutely. in fact they already exist. the only thing that is not possible is using this cyclic process to AID in gasoline economy. also practical application is a problem... you can have a hydrogen car, but in order to work it needs a stand alone hydrogen source (aka, hydrogen as fuel. these systems use electricity as fuel for making hydrogen, not hydrogen as the fuel itself). so you would need some sponaneous way of producing hydrogen or some big *** gas tanks with H2... as long as you arent putting more energy in than the energy of combustion per mole.

my plan was to use an OLD yamaha motorcycle so it wouldnt have to produce a whole lot.
if i could produce an adequete amount of hydrogen could i choke out the air flow to match this?
so then my air:fuel would be more ideal? the issue has never been "can it run". yes, it can run on hydrogen. is it safe for the motor? absolutely not. these people put a very energetic element into the cyl, AND remove gas.... ideal means you have enough fuel to squelch detonation and keep temps down. you need fuel to do this, end of story. lean is lean.

im not trying to disagree with you im justextremely curious about this.
and you seem to be smart enough andwilling enough to share knowledgethat itmakes you the guy to ask.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:12 AM
1st Gear Member

It "worked" on mythbusters they ran a car on pure hydrogen the problem was the backfiring. When it backfired the flame was right off the end of the hose and that could cause an explosion of the source of the hydrogen, maybe not in what they were using. My friend has a miniature "hydrogen maker"(a jelly jar) and when he lit the end of the hose the whole thing blew up, very bad idea.Idon't think itincreased the fuel mileage any but they proved it could be done.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:25 AM
1st Gear Member

specter thank for clearing things up.

but....
i still wanna try this.i dont careif i fxckup the old motorcycle (only $200).
its worth it to prove it to myself.
but then ill also be sitting on my homemade hydrogen device idk about that.

its like if i was walking home and seen a new zo6 sitting running with the keys in it and no one around.
i know its a bad idea, everyone says dont do it, it makes perfect sense why it would be a disaster.

but i still wanna try it.

and dont take the robot thing as an insult
robots kick ***!

Old 07-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Ninja Administrator

ORIGINAL: qmracer

It "worked" on mythbusters they ran a car on pure hydrogen the problem was the backfiring. When it backfired the flame was right off the end of the hose and that could cause an explosion of the source of the hydrogen, maybe not in what they were using. My friend has a miniature "hydrogen maker"(a jelly jar) and when he lit the end of the hose the whole thing blew up, very bad idea.Idon't think itincreased the fuel mileage any but they proved it could be done.
like i said, you can run it off of pure hydrogen. thats not the issue. the issue is getting the hydrogen, and obtaining it from water does not work for the reasons listed above

Old 07-04-2008, 03:37 PM
3rd Gear Member

H-bomb.....

Quick Reply: HydroMaro project