HydroMaro project

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:41 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: HydroMaro project

Okay, would someone mind turning this into Barney style for me? I don't understand a thing that's going on other than a glass container with some bolts in it and a jump box looking conecter an air hole? What's in the glass and what is it supposed to do? Sorry, I failed in highschool...

Old 07-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Ninja Administrator

ORIGINAL: Detector

therefore hydrogen gas will actually reverse rust (the opposite could be said for H+, but in these aparatuses the H+ never touches the motor).
This I can personally testify as being absolutely correct. I have used this process to repair rusted metal relics I find white metal detecting. My results border on spectacular. I have put iron relics in that were very badly rusted splitting and flaking only to have them come out bounded back together and the pits gone.

I have seen many claims on the Internet, that are not selling anything, that say it does work. Many videos show it being used in their cars, and again, they are not selling anything just doing what I'm doing. Testing for myself to see if it really works.

some sad news: hydrogen exists in the atmosphere at concentration around this to begin with.
Well I can say without a doubt my generator is producing far more than is in the atmosphere. I stuck a lighter to the exhaust port on my generator and got one heck of a bang. Luckily the lid must have popped up and let out most of the pressure because I felt the air hit my chest. Lesson learned and no one hurt

you cant make that claim without talking about where it is going. your generator is probably producing less than a liter in aminute, which is far below atmospheric conditions when considering the volume of atmosphere that is passing through the intake per minute. within your generator you are making a 66% mixture of hydrogen. thats millions of times more concentrated than the atmosphere, but you are then mixing it with atsmosphere, and your engine will be sucking off the hydrogen faster than it is being made.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Okay, would someone mind turning this into Barney style for me? I don't understand a thing that's going on other than a glass container with some bolts in it and a jump box looking conecter an air hole? What's in the glass and what is it supposed to do? Sorry, I failed in highschool...
It's water. It is a hydrogen generator that some claim you can put on your car and improve gas millage by supplementing your fuel with hydrogen from the water. I have no doubt Specter knows what he's talking about, but I'm the type that just has to find out for myself.

I figure these new H-Cars/hybrids are using hydrogen so apparently the car manufactures have it figured out. There has got to be a way to make an after-market version that will work. I'm looking at mine as a test to see if it actually works or not. Or at least afeasible idea.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Ninja Administrator

hydrogen cars use a fuel cell. they dont combust hydrogen, but instead they work like a galvanic cell, or in the exact opposite as electrolysis. if you must input electricity to split water, electricity can be released from its production. so you use a regular air intake to bring in oxygen, hydrogen is supplied via some protic liquid (water is a horrible source btw, there are much better ones out there, but usually you still require a 20+ gallon tank of the stuff to supply enough hydrogen to make it worthwhile). when hydrogen meets the annode it is oxidized to H+, which can traverse a membrane to meet oxygen and react. the reaction releases 2 electrons which travel around the circuit, back to the hydrogen side, and start this process again. there is a flow of electricity caused by these reactions, and this is used to power an electric motor. the electric motor is what actually moves the hydrogen fuel cell car.

but i gotta go for a min.... the OR just called and i need to run to get some tissue sample. ill be back in about 15 min. hopefully I answered the question right. but if u were talking about osmehting else just clarify.

btw... the typos are because MAC keyboards are a little smaller than PC (or at least this oe is) and im sick of oing back to correct each sentence.... damn MACs

Old 07-02-2008, 06:51 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Specter let me ask you a question.

IF you were going to give this a try, where would you suggest the line be feed into the intake system, and what precautions would you take? I don't want to blowup my engine or engine compartment if possible.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:25 AM
Ninja Administrator

IF..... just vent it straight in to the intake piping after the MAF. That is what most people are doing. as for precautions dont worry too much. while your canister exhaust port was 66% hydrogen, once your engine is running and sucking air through the intake the mixture will follow the calculations I gave. you would need to be making around 100 liters a minute in order to get an appreciable ammount of hydrogen, and little canisters like those just cant do it.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:48 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanks!

My concern is about flashback. If my intake were to fill with hydrogen and get ignited it would make a heck of a mes of my engine right? Whats the likelihood something like this could happen? Any precautions I can take to reduce this possibility?

Old 07-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Ninja Administrator

if the engine is running its a very small possibility. if the engine is off and you leave your generator on, then turn on the engine ur in trouble. maybe you want a safety line running to an ignition source, or just make sure u keep ur head on stragiht on dont leave the thing on.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Ninja Administrator

however, i feel like i cannot impress upon you enough that this entire mechanism is false. and feeds off of a very common misconception: that gas burns most efficiently at richer afr.

this is not true at all. at much leaner conditions, say maybe 100:1 afr, gasonline will combust entirely. damn near 100% burn (its always good not to say it IS 100, but for our purposes it might as well be). there is only 1 reason we run richer mixtures: engine life. the extra fuel absorbs heat during combustion and keeps your engine cool. This process is asking you to add an element which burns hotter than gas AND remove gas at the same time. i dont doubt people are seeing better mileage, but thats because they tricked their computers to running lean as hell.

here is what you SHOULD do.
and engines safe AFR range is intrinsic to the engine, NOT the fuel its burning. so take your car to a dyno shop after you do this, with the computer trick and all, and check your afr. you should already know that it will be dangerously lean (i mean, thats the principle this thing works on). the ONLY (and i mean only) way this could ever work is if hydrogen robs enough oxygen from the cylinder that most of the fuel is unburnt and acts only like a coolant for the chamber, most of the energy being supplied by the hydrogen then. IF this happens, the afr should be within ranges. It wont be, i can tell you that right now, but this is a less fallacitical logical path than the one which TELLS you to run lean [&:]

Old 07-02-2008, 10:10 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanks again.

My plan is to hook the generator to the ignition switch that way it's only on when the ignition/engine is on/running.

Quick Reply: HydroMaro project