How much do you spend on gas per month?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 08:31 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default How much do you spend on gas per month?

Old 01-08-2013, 08:40 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Between both my vehicles probably $250 on the high side. But there have been times where I put one tank of gas in a vehicle in a month. Actually just came back from filling up the camaro. 14.3 gallons of 91 ran me $51.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by tscw96
$60 but I go nowhere (work at home)

Old 01-08-2013, 09:05 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I got a job recently and this is basically going to be the main deciding factor.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Deciding factor in what? Keep in mind what others spend could be so far off of what you may spend. For instance, my dd is a truck that I am constantly running back and forth between my office and the NAVY base here during my normal working hours. So large fuel tank plus 14mpg = I spend a lot on gas. You might only use your vehicle to go back and fourth to work and maybe out on the weekends so you could easily be under a $100 a month. It all depends on how and how much you drive your car. I saw your post in the lounge section and commented on that too. I assume you are new to driving and car ownership. Keep in mind you will also need insurance and money for maintenance. If you end up getting a loan for your car you will need full coverage insurance and full coverage insurance for a 17yo in a Camaro is really expensive, unless you go on your parents.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:21 PM
4th Gear Member

I usually put $20 bucks in my car every week and a half, so call it $80 a month and I do a decent amount of driving and use 93 oct. only. The fuel mileage isn't as horrible as people make it out to be, nor is the insurance. For instance, my insurance only went up $30 when I switched to the Camaro and that was going from a Buick Century. Though, from personal experience, the Z28's aren't exactly the best car for a new driver. Can (and will) get you in trouble and winter can be a PIA without winter tires.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:42 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

With my 3800/5 Speed I drive 31.5 miles each way to work. (5 day work week) In the summer I normally put in 10.5-11.0 gallons a week. In the coldest part of the winter that will go up to 11.5 to 12.5. I am not sure how much of that increase is cause by colder denser air or allowing the car to warm up twice a day. When I built my 3800/5 speed I was doing 55 miles each way.

Of course this excluded traffic jam and delays.

I track the fuel usage every week as it is a great indicator if a sensor is going bad. It will show up in MPG long before it sets a check engine light. I get gas at the same pump and stop at the first click every time. It is not supper accurate but over time it will average out.
If it’s a good job you should look at the commute and make sure you have the right car for it. I have been commuting for a long time now. The Camaro is a heavy car but she cuts through the air better than most. That allows for great highway mileage with the right setup. This heavy car would not be great if I had dozens of stop starts. If I have an in town commute I would look at a 5 speed cobalt type car.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:48 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

probly average 200 bucks a month for car and truck gas. spent 1500 in sept and oct on gas for the netter. probly average 1k a month for crabber fuel at 9 months a year.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:59 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I fill up my Toy pickup, my wife's Neon and my Z every two weeks at about $140 a pop, works out to about $303.33 a month.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MKCoconuts
I usually put $20 bucks in my car every week and a half, so call it $80 a month and I do a decent amount of driving and use 93 oct. only. The fuel mileage isn't as horrible as people make it out to be, nor is the insurance. For instance, my insurance only went up $30 when I switched to the Camaro and that was going from a Buick Century. Though, from personal experience, the Z28's aren't exactly the best car for a new driver. Can (and will) get you in trouble and winter can be a PIA without winter tires.
Insurance is higher on my suv then the z28, and matter of fact is the cheapest i have ever paid insurance on a car.

As for fuel, i probably spend upwards of $200 a month in fuel in the camaro alone. I wont be driving it much this summer.

Quick Reply: How much do you spend on gas per month?