How Do I Turn Off My Headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 05:28 AM
Default How Do I Turn Off My Headlights?

I just bought a 98 3.8L V6 camaro two days ago and I have a lot to learn. Someone please tell me how to turn off the headlights, i've tried everything... I would also like to know what the "SGS"button in the middle dash is for, also the button next to it with a wierd sign and a D looking sign next to it.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:16 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: How Do I Turn Off My Headlights?

there's a **** on the drivers side of the steering wheel...

Old 03-12-2007, 01:04 PM
Tech Droid

SGS= Second Gear Start. That is to prevent the massive power of your engine from shredding the tires

Old 03-12-2007, 03:15 PM
2nd Gear member

I posted in here earlier.. but I guess it kinda disappeared. Like Pete said, SGS is Second Gear Start. Its mostly for icy roads and such, but not for everyday driving. The other button may be rear window defrost, if your car has it. As for the lights, you can't turn them off at night in a 98, there is a sensor in the dash and when it gets dark enough they come on. During the day, your daytime running lights will light up the corner lenses on the front and the side markers on the back.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:41 PM
4th Gear Member

NO only the front yellow lamps turn on in the day. the two buttons and for fog lights and second gear safty....(whitch dont do a damn thing in the winter lol

Old 03-13-2007, 04:10 PM
In the Staging Lanes

you can turn um on and off at night by doing the following...

before you start the car put the ebrake all the way down. Then pull it up ONE CLICK to where it hits thst sensor but does not engage the brake. Then turn the car on...when the brake is "up" the lighst arent automatic...then you can use that *** like regular...I like to mess with friends and pass um with no lights sometimes so I figured it out lol....I do this in the manual camaro...dunno about an automatic.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:18 PM

Thanks for the help people.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:12 AM
In the Staging Lanes

yeah it soes work on a auto

Old 07-08-2009, 09:35 PM

this used to bug me so i wired in a switch lol. If you take off the light relay moduler thing ( its the black box behind the radio hooked onto the air duct, just slide it up and it pops off). there are to clips, take off the right clip i believe, ( to be sure cover up the sensor in the defogger duct and turn the key and see if the head lights pop on, if there off u got the right one.) there should be a red almost pink wire it will have power when the lights are on if you test it with a testor cut that one ( there are two with power it was the red one on my car it should be the same i think) and wire in a switch. and your done.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:49 AM
1st Gear Member

just outta curiosity... why would you want to turn your lights off when its dark? there are too many people (usually drunk) driving without their headlights at night already.

Quick Reply: How Do I Turn Off My Headlights?