Holy crap open long tubes are LOUD!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 03:20 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Holy crap open long tubes are LOUD!

Guys I just finished putting pacesetters on my car. Ive got a billy boat stainless catback but i havent gotten that far but of course.. i had to hear em by themselves. HOOOOLY CRAP my entire interior rattled that it almost blurred my vision when i gunned it. when they said "itll really wake up your car!" they werent ****ing kidding!

Old 11-06-2015, 04:42 PM
4th Gear Member

just the headers , well ya there was probley fire comeing out of them ,/ is that v6 v8 ,you will notice much more from v8 ,then the 6 though there both louder ,nothing is louder then true duals with a full bore ,other then if you got them comeing out the hood ,,I was very happy with mine on the v8 ,the 6 its loud but only when you realy hit the gas hard ,the 3.8 its kinda hard to explain ,but if the car did not have them I would have kept it single ,the sound is totally different from an v8 to me ,but louder then stock,they sound great when you take off but at idle just different ,an now my v8 with true duals ,you don't want to drive it with a head ache ,but I love the sound deep deep ground shakeing sound ya man the local chief loves it ,that's a good thing ,an mine with 3 speed trany its just allways loud

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 11-06-2015 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:44 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i know,,, i wanted to cruse tokeland and wake it up but we got to many cops an old people,,, wait,,, I'm a old people. lol

Old 11-07-2015, 08:05 PM
1st Gear Member

its my 93 z28 and man does it sound really cool. i spent yesterday finishing the header install and today i spent lowering the rear end to put the b&b stainless muffler in. wow it was easy! i didnt realize that like 6 bolts come out and you can drop the rear end. i still need to get band clamps for it all.. and the y pipe has a downstream o2 that im going to cut that section out and replace it with a straight section. then bolt the y pipe in, put the tips on.. and ill be done hopefully tomorrow.

and to think i almost put SHORTIES on it! haha.. i had a friend tell me it would be a waste of time.. that long tubes were the way to go. everyone kept telling me to do long tubes but i figured that shorties would be easy. well i started this job and when i finally got the manifolds off..i said.. with how much work it took to get just the stock manifolds off.. i would be a fool not to do LTs. so i hit up craigslist and got pacesetters, y pie, and the b&b catback for 400. it was a pretty sweet deal considering the catback is in amazing shape. the long tubes themselves were pretty rusty but i didnt care.

this has been the first real performance mod ive ever done and i am very happy with the outcome. make no mistake.. doing this all by myself.. its a TON of work but I couldnt be happier.

Last edited by ztwentyate; 11-07-2015 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:51 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

half the fun is doing it. lol, just doesnt seem like it at the time

Old 11-08-2015, 06:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by craby
half the fun is doing it. lol, just doesnt seem like it at the time
You are so right. It's kinda like how you always look back on things with rose tinted glasses. I know that I'm always some mild level of frustrated but by the time I call it a day I'm usually pretty happy with my progress considering I never have help and is my first time for most of these jobs.

Old 11-08-2015, 11:23 AM
4th Gear Member

yes the long tubes are nice an the best way to go with 4 gen cars I had a set of shortys they would not work ,with mine when the headers were in you could see why it made so much sence most headers rust without a good coating of ceramic $$$$ ,the paint on mine was gone right away ,just no rust yet couse I have not drove it in the rain ,an with my set up its even better as there is just 4 hangers ,but I am going to add 2 more hangers next year ,an with v8 it will sound alot better,with mine totally unrestricted its what the old school engine wants ,you probley could have gone true duals couse while headers are nice you still going from 2 to one to 2 look at your cat cant see though it ,with 96 an older exsempt from EC in most states ,not safety in my state wich is a good thing interesting enough there are 27 states that have no state inspection at all ??that's got to be a lot of unsafe cars on the road ,you will gain a few hp ,the other way a lot more then a few It felt like 40hp for me,you can easy take out the y pipe if you want an cat ,an get a lot more, florida I would think its a state that 96 an older no EC cat back is great for sound but for hp true duals will let the 93 breath better an it being as close to oldshcool as it gets for the 4 gens ,matter of fact I was told when I put the 406 in the 95 I would have been better off the have a 93 for a lot of reasons,sorry for the rant ,if you can have them there nothing better to me

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 11-08-2015 at 11:57 AM.