Hockey Stripe

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Default Hockey Stripe

Story:
Ive got a dark maroon '00 Camaro. (fresh paint little over a month old).
I was driving by a dealership a couple weeks ago and saw a 5th gen same color, but it had a white hockey stripe on the fender, ending at the door handle. I looked online for vinyl stripes, and i found a set but they wanted $60 a side for them, which isn't bad. However I know a guy who cuts vinyl/ installs it on fire trucks and what not and he said that he would do the whole thing (make the stripes and install) for 75$. Good deal for me.

Problem:
I have looked high and low for dimensions for the stripes to give him, and I can't find them anywhere. Its like the things are a national secret. I was wondering if any of you guys had dimensions for the stripes? Im about to go out and measure it myself. Thanks guys

Old 07-05-2010, 12:31 PM
2nd Gear member

Personally I don't care for the hockey stripes, but that is why we can each mod our cars to our choosing.
That said, I wouldn't worry about what the factory dimensions for the 5th generation cars are. If you duplicated it, it probably would look out of place. A better idea to me at least, would be to take a few pics of the stripes you are looking to replicate and having your vinyl guy cut up something that will mimic the look, but in the right proportions.

Last edited by Grandpaswagon; 06-14-2011 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Spelling Error
Old 07-05-2010, 12:45 PM

I didnt plan on putting a 5th gen stripe on. There are sites online that sell the hockey stripes but they are usually more expensive than what he is willing to do it for. And the problem is the proportions. I need the measurements for the base of the stripe, angle of the curve, end of the stripe etc..

I found a website:
http://www.3rdgendecals.com/HockeySticks.htm

This guy sells all types of stripes, and the kind that i want he is selling for $75. I just thought that i would check with you guys before I spent more money than i had to

Old 06-14-2011, 01:57 PM

i love theses stripes my self but also would want them done custom cuz the ordered ones dont flow with the front bumper and fenders i would love to kno some demensions as well so i could get some made tht will flow with the fenders