Ho-ly crap

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 09:35 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Massey
My wife's car is a 2000 Z28 and it has the LS1 engine in it. I love that car for its power. I had some ricer messing with me the other day on the freeway, I was doing what ever I could to get him to leave me alone and he wouldn't. so finally I slowed down to about 45 or so he was still on me and wanting me to race. I manually downshifted (it is an auto) and punched it and smoked the tires, I got traction again about 55 or 60 and then took off like a r@ped ape. I scared the stuff out of my wife, and the guy in the ricer, I on the other hand had a grin from ear to ear, and my son in the back seat was yelling FASTER DADDY FASTER (he is 4). Yea I slowed down again after about 85 and the ricer was well back in my mirror and I didnt even get the usual ricer-fly-by. He didnt mess with me after that. Oh and her car is stock, no mods except the muffler is like a Flowmaster 60, kinda quiet but still lets you know there is power to be had.

Massey
HAHA. Had a similar experience about 30 miles from my driveway. Two teens in their ricers with fart-can exhausts were tailgating me. I slowed down to about 35 and one zipped around me and the other just kept tailgating. Then the guy in front of me would speed up to about 60-65 and slow down to about 40-45 (posted speed limit is 50 on this highway). After about 2-3 miles of this crap we came to a nice long straightway and I moved to go around the chucklehead in front of me. Pulled along side and he decided he wanted to run. No problem, I put my foot in it and the Z28 down-shifted to second and took off like a bat-out-of-h###. Zipped around him and let the Camaro breathe for a few minutes. Looked at the speedo and was going about 125. So I backed off and cruised home the rest of the way. Two rice burners just a couple of pairs of headlights in the very distant rear view mirror.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:27 PM
2nd Gear member

I absolutely LOVE my LS1 in my other car. I can only imagine how nice the LS3/L99 platform is.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:14 AM
2nd Gear member

yeah its fun to show ricers what`s up. and it`s even more fun when they realize they got stomped by a girl. ls1 for the win.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:20 AM
3rd Gear Member

lool sweet, i normally just roll up the tints, and pretend to change lanes sharply, usually end up getting the road to my self

Old 08-18-2010, 03:38 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by montecarlogrrl
yeah its fun to show ricers what`s up. and it`s even more fun when they realize they got stomped by a girl. ls1 for the win.
Agreed- I win, I wait to let them know- My tint is red, but really you cant see in, I always love the look on their face.
I'm gonna have to 2nd the PP who said its fun chirping into 3rd gear- I had my mom in the car, we were on the Interstate, but in the city, we were going 70, hit the gas to get away from the clump and she barked, and dropped a gear, then left the crowd- My moms face was priceless. She's always had a TA- told her "See Camaro's are more fun" She had a loopy grin on her face...

Old 08-18-2010, 05:30 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

let you drive mine... haha 400hp 425trq,,, and im bored with it at this point

Old 08-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I've never driven any v8 yet...kinda sad. I have yet to tap into Sof's new power, too. She's not too far off from a stock v8 now, and there's still a lot of work to be done.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:45 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

no offense darling but youre talking numbers wise? correct? because your drivetrain and everything def wont put the power down like a v-8s

Old 08-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Yeah, I'm simply saying hp number wise. She'll NEVER be like a v8, just saying she's getting closer to the similar numbers. There's no way I can get the same torque and 1/4 mile time. She's not a stock 6, but will never match a stock 8 either, she's kinda in between. But I don't know exactly what she's at, won't have a dyno tune done until next year. Just saying I've never experienced the LS power, but I can have almost the same amount of fun with what I have now.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:13 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by DarlingReject
Just saying I've never experienced the LS power, but I can have almost the same amount of fun with what I have now.
just come drive mine, lol. it's fun.

Quick Reply: Ho-ly crap