hey everyone! new guy help please

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by TimT*02
Ok well idk what the heck is going on, but I guess I joined with the wrong membership or something. I can add to threads, but I cant start my own. Whatever.
You may be looking for buttons in all the wrong places. If you're trying to start a new thread from where you're reading this, no that isn't the way. Go to the section you want to post in, like the general section for instance: 93-02 General - Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum, then look for the "New Thread" button at the left, right above the yellow bar that says "Threads in Forum"

Old 08-15-2012, 06:55 PM
Overdrive Member

If you need to find out what your key number is you only need to prove that you are the owner of the car to the dealer and have them look it up for you. It is in the records they keep.

As for why the security light is on it could be many different things. The security system reads all the jamb sensors as well as the motion sensor that is in the pass side wheel well near the antenna. If it is unable to read the sensors then it will put the security light on.

Massey

Old 08-16-2012, 09:08 PM

I felt around in that area, and all I could feel was a rubber gromet kind of thing all the way back by the firewall, but it didn't feel like it had a hole to it or anything. Would that be it? Cant quite get a visual in there either from under the car or from its side. My bro-in law sells cars p/t at a used car lot and said he would check it out for me. They have a lift. Thanks for that description btw. It's very helpful.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:10 PM

Ah hah. Got it! Thanks dude

Old 08-16-2012, 09:18 PM

Thanks for mentioning the other sensors. Forgot to mention them. I did test them all though. Lol and you're right, just go to the dealership and get your key. I failed to realize not everyone is in my situation. I live a good half hour from the closest dealer, meanwhile I have a volt meter handy and I could literally hit the neighborhood radio shack with a rock. Plus my other key was lost ages ago. Not to mention, I'm sure a 4 dollar resistor is a heck of a lot cheaper than what some dealer is gonna charge for another stupid fancy pants key