Help me value my camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 01:48 AM
Default Help me value my camaro

Hey,
Got a situation where I could use your advice. I recently blew the engine on my baby, cannot afford to rebuild, so I'm selling her as is. With all the modification, I have no idea as to the value. Any input on what you think you'd ask if you were me and what you would pay would be appreciated.
Thanks-

1999 Camaro Z28
6.0 Vortech bored out to a 6.2
Ported 243 Heads
MS3 Cam
Fast Intake
92MM Fast throttle body
3.73 Gears
3200 Stall
High Performance Tranny
Drag Springs
Long Tube Ceramic Headers
36 LB Injectors
100 Shot NOS Kit
Drag Racing Slicks on the back, new
New fuel pump
POSI Rear end, new
Just tuned, dyno'd without NOS, 408rwhp, 393tq

Interior is 7/10

Exterior is 8/10 but needs paint, it has lightweight fiberglass fenders, panels, hood

Now it has a rod knock, is not drivable as it sits.

Any advice as to what you would do with the car is also appreciated.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:34 AM
1st Gear Member

If you're near me, I'd say it's worth $500. When can I pick it up?..lol

Old 01-11-2011, 09:02 AM
4th Gear Member

JMO but around here, most of that list will not help with the selling price of the car if the engine is not running. You would get more money out of it if you parted it out. Your location along with supply and demand will determine the value more than anything. Take a look at some same year and model cars in your area with bad engine or tranny to get a ball park, then you might tack on to the asking price for your extras.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Unfortunatley your mods are only valuable to someone else who has or wants a drag car...pretty small market...anyone else will offer you a couple hundred bucks.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Overdrive Member

Typically a car with a blown engine is worth $500-$600 with good body and interior, now you add the mods to the car which will make it even harder to repair since you now need to find specialty or oddball parts that didnt come with the car to begin with, this may steer people like me who have the skills to repair it away from it for even $200 because of the headache involved with non standard parts.

Now if the car was running then all the parts added for performance now add value to the car. You may still be selling to a slim market but a running car will sell faster than a cheap broken car.

Massey

Old 01-11-2011, 11:15 AM
3rd Gear Member

You could part it out. I'm interested in your cylinder heads, nitrous oxide kit, intake manifold, throttle body and the transmission.