Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Default Help!

okay guys heres the problem. i'm replacing the front shocks and springs on my 98 camaro v6 conv. i'm using the old hardware off of my old strut (i.e. upper strut mount and the lower plate which contain the spring which rests around the shock.) however, heres the problem. i am unable to take the lower plate off of my old shock which the spring rests on to put onto my new bilstein shock absorber. the spot where the plate surrounds on the old shock is more narrow than the top (the diameter gets larger) and thus i cant remove the plate. the new bilstein shocks i purchased did not come with the lower plate that the spring itself rests on. its weird because the new shock does not narrow or widen at all, unlike the old one. i dont know what this lower plate is called and neither did the guys at autozone. do i even need it? PLEASE HELP!

and if that isnt enough, i also need to replace the upper strut mount because the bolt is rusted so i need an entirely new upper strut mount for both sides!

Old 03-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Ninja Administrator

call them. if its a coil over then they shorted u parts.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Default okay

i ordered the shocks from sam strano at www.stranoparts.com and he assured me that this would be all i would need. so you're saying that if i ordered this... http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...ID=0&ModelID=7
he shorted me the bottom plates?