Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 01:02 AM
Default Headlights

Hi, Im New Here. Im 17. I Have A 1997 30th Anniversary RS Camaro. I Was Wondering If Anyone Knew Of Anyplace To Get Aftermarket Headlights For The Car. Like The Round Ones.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:14 AM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: Headlights

Is your car missing the front lip for the Ground affects?

Old 07-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Overdrive Member

There really isn't a lot you can do with the stock headlight/bumper/hood setup as far as custom headlights.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:17 AM

It Didn't Come With The Body Kit So I'm Assumeing The Guy Who Had It Before Me Took It Off Or Something. Because It Comes Up As The 30th Anniv. Edition Rs When I Go To The Chevy Dealer And It Has The Seats. It Doesn't Have The Rs Decals Either. I Just Really Got Into The Whole Doing Aftermarket Things To It. I Just Bought The Car A Few Months Ago Wanted To Get Familliar With It. And Some *** Hit Me In The Front Right Quarter Panel About 3 Months Ago And Sent Me Into Another Car Thats Why My Front Bumber It Messed Up. So There Is Some Work To Be Done. I Just Bought A New Clutch Waiting For It To Get To My House. Then Installing It Because My Clutch Is Gone. The Guy Before Me Prolly Rode The Clutch Pretty Bad. I Saw The Round Headlights On Some Guy On These Forums With Them On It And They Look Pretty Nice. I'll Find Someway To Rig New Ones Up. I'm Pretty Good At Electric Work And Working On Cars So It'll Be Pretty Easy.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:52 AM
2nd Gear member

Why the hell do you capitalize the first letter EVERY SINGLE word? Not only is it one of the most annoying things I've ever seen, it's grammatically incorrect.

And hold on, I'll get you a link.
http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/94Z/piaa.htm
That's about the only way you can replace the stock headlights with something else.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:02 AM
2nd Gear member

Are you talking about the round lights like my body style? (98-02)
If so, you can do a whole front end swap...

Old 07-07-2008, 12:29 PM

I Have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder A.K.A Ocd Thats Why I Capitalize Every First Letter. I Did It All Thoughout High School. No I Wasn't Talking About The Headlights Like The 98 And Above. Those Were The Headlights I Was Looking For, The Round Ones.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Overdrive Member

Hey po1son, get off his back, he could technically be grammatically correct as long as he doesn't capitalize any articles. Usually that writing style is used for presentation purposes, but it's not incorrect. Technically you don't even have to put 2 spaces after a period although everybody does, but it's technically ok to have only one space. There are a lot of different rules, plus, it's better than him writing in all caps like some members.

ThtGuyWitThe97Camaro: don't worry about the caps on every word, no big deal in my opinion. As far as the headlights go you've been shown the only 2 possibilities, the Piaas or the full 98-02 front end conversion which would require you to get a new front clip, fenders and hood. Other than that you'll have to go for something completely custom. The 98-02 headlights won't fit in your stock front clip and they won't fit under your stock hood.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:02 PM
1st Gear Member

You could also crack open the factory sealed-beam housings and replace the bulbs with brighter units if thats what your after. Just use a lot of silicon sealant so that water does not get back inside. Someone on z28.com did a nice write-up. I am thinking about doing this after I get my car back from the shopthe factory lights do suck pretty bad, and seeing well at night is important when you live around a ****load of deer and other animals that love to run out into the street.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:18 PM
3rd Gear Member

you've been shown the only 2 possibilities
or option 3

http://www.lt1engine.com/tech/93-97-...or-conversion/

Quick Reply: Headlights