Has anybody tried Sensor iridium TT spark plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 08:41 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Has anybody tried Denso iridium TT spark plugs?

I tripped across the Denso iridium TT spark plugs online months ago and they seem like they might be worth giving a shot. I found unconfirmed information on some forums claiming that some cars as far back as 06 were running these from the factory. I've only found one person I actually knew that had them in his 2015 vw turbo, he said they performed really good.

Last edited by J-Factor; 09-16-2016 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
Old 06-15-2016, 09:41 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

never used em. if you get some let us know how they work. price? im using ngk iridium and they aint cheap.

Old 06-16-2016, 07:37 AM
4th Gear Member

The only thing I run in my are NGKs or Delco. I've tried others, but they are the only two that I liked. And they're cheap which is nice because they get changed once a year with the oil whether it needs it or not.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by craby
never used em. if you get some let us know how they work. price? im using ngk iridium and they aint cheap.
That's why I'm using the iridium Delcos and not the NGK right now. The Densos I've seen have ranged from 6.55 to 8.99. I'll get some when I can fit it into my budget in the next month or so hopefully. My only concern is if they'll need to be gapped to stock spec or a different gap.

Originally Posted by MKCoconuts
The only thing I run in my are NGKs or Delco. I've tried others, but they are the only two that I liked. And they're cheap which is nice because they get changed once a year with the oil whether it needs it or not.
All I've ever used in any of my cars has been Delco or NGK. This is the first time I've wanted to try something outside the two.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:08 PM
1st Gear Member

I contacted Denso regarding the gap, here's the reply I got:
Iridium TT are 0.040" pre-gapped.
If the plugs are within +.012" to -0.12" there is no need to Gap the plug as the TT technology can compensate for this tolerance.
But in some rare applications that have gaps over 0.052" a slight adjustment may be necessary.

For a 0.060" gap with a conventional plug, I would recommend adjusting the gap to 0.050". (basically split
To adjust the gap, adjust from the back of the strap (on or around the bend), not from the tip as you may damage the twin tips.
There may be a need to adjust further, depending on how "healthy" the ignition system is on the application.

I have the original ICM, coils were replaced in the last couple of years or so. It's running good with the .060 gap on the Delcos that are in it right now so I'll probably start off with the stock gap.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Ordered the plugs today on sale from mega for 5 bucks each. My wires are still good but replacing with OEM. Changing oil this weekend and going to replace fuel and air filters as well. Car's due for an oil change anyway and everything else is just to make sure everything is new since I want everything to be in optimal condition while road testing the plugs.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:47 PM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I don't know if I'd switch honestly

I run basic NGK's in mine and have no issues

Old 08-21-2016, 05:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cheeks
I don't know if I'd switch honestly

I run basic NGK's in mine and have no issues
I'm wanting to try these because I've read reviews and talked to people running them in their cars and the vast majority is reporting similar positive results for across different makes and models. I'm not saying anybody needs to switch, I'm just testing something that has potential and putting my results out there.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:48 PM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by J-Factor
I'm wanting to try these because I've read reviews and talked to people running them in their cars and the vast majority is reporting similar positive results for across different makes and models. I'm not saying anybody needs to switch, I'm just testing something that has potential and putting my results out there.
I'll be interested to see how it goes.

keep us posted!!

Old 09-01-2016, 12:57 PM
1st Gear Member

I have everything I need now, just waiting on intake manifold gaskets to be replaced.

Here's how I'm going to be testing mpg, hp, and torque both before and after the Denso TT plugs go in:

MPG:
City mpg will be calculated using my work commute, I drive some highway but the majority is stop and go.
Highway mpg will be calculated by doing a single run all the way around the loop here during a low traffic time so I get stable speed the whole time.
2 sources will be used to track mileage, the good old fashioned miles divided by gallons to full and dash command. Both numbers will be posted.

HP and torque:
Dash command will be used for this, not sure how accurate it is but it's definitely better than the butt dyno.

Quick Reply: Has anybody tried Sensor iridium TT spark plugs?