Got youtube video of my camaro problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013 | 11:26 AM
|
In the Staging Lanes
Default Got youtube video of my camaro problem

Hoping this will make things much easier

update: I put some lucas fuel system cleaner in it cuz the autozoners said it should help with fuel pressure, and i ordered the new pulley tensioner to come tuesday and hope to get a shop to install it asap. Also put some coke on the ground.

I'm having an anxiety attack right now ( i got bpd :S ) gonna try to get a shop to check out my fuel system ASAP, so they should be able to find the problem and fix it right? What should I tell them, "my cars struggling to start and i think its the fuel pressure, can u check out my fuel system?" is that good? So they should be able to check it out and fix it right?

thanks

Last edited by Camaro S; 05-19-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-19-2013 | 12:30 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Serious case of bpd? Just take your meds and don't go ballistic, you'll get it sorted out.
Fuel pressure would be the first thing I'd think they would want to check. It could be too low due to the fuel pump starting to die. It could be too high if the fuel pressure regulator is bad, flooding out the engine. Or you could have a leaky fuel injector, or more, which would dribble gas down the intake manifold after the engine is shut off, which can give you a difficult restart. A good mechanic with a pressure gauge will know what to look for.

Old 05-19-2013 | 12:47 PM
|
In the Staging Lanes

damn i just looked up how expensive those repairs are

I'm really regretting this, i tell u my old car ran FLAWLESSLY and this camaro is killing me. Also a new problem that started bothering me, when i go like 40 MPh+ the driver side window must have a gap or somehing somewhere cuz air hisses through and its really annoying. is this common? Is it fixable? The driver window was originally broken but the dealer fixed it, but im guessing theres still a tiny gap somehwere idk, is it fixable or just best to ignore?

for all the money these repairs iwll cost, i could have spent a few more thousand and got a brand new chevy spark

Old 05-19-2013 | 12:56 PM
|
In the Staging Lanes

see how alot of my parts are kinda rusted, like those screw bolts, will that be okay?

edit: but yeah guys lets be positive: visualize, the day, maybe next week, when the car runs worry free and I can breathe and sleep at night

also im worried bout my passenger power window...the driver side works great, but the passenger one always been a little slow, but this afternoon i went to roll it up and it stopped half way O>O, but then i pulled it a little with my hands then it rolled up....O.O

Last edited by Camaro S; 05-19-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-19-2013 | 02:26 PM
3rd Gear Member

I bet both window motors are shot. These cars have big windows and the motors are underpowered, meaning changing motors is very common. I had to do my driver side window with only 40k miles on the clock.

Old 05-19-2013 | 03:39 PM
|
In the Staging Lanes

another symptom i noticed guys,

when i give it gas the rpm goes up, but when i take off the gas it falls down to like 1.5k or so depending on how fast im going, also the oil pressure gauge, it goes up when i give it gas, and goes down when i take it off, but not smoothly like normal, like as soon as i give it gas it goes up, then when i take the gas it goes down...what does this mean?

Old 05-19-2013 | 04:31 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

A slow passenger side window isn't all that uncommon. It's a wiring (power supply) deficiency that causes the motor to strain, overheat, and shut off. Here's a fix: AutoTrix :: Passenger Window Fix Kit
Not quite following you about what and where the rpm's are doing.
Your oil pressure readings are normal. Since engine speed affects the oil pump speed and flow, PSI goes up with higher engine rpm, and down with lower rpm.

Old 05-19-2013 | 04:38 PM
|
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
A slow passenger side window isn't all that uncommon. It's a wiring (power supply) deficiency that causes the motor to strain, overheat, and shut off. Here's a fix: AutoTrix :: Passenger Window Fix Kit
Not quite following you about what and where the rpm's are doing.
Your oil pressure readings are normal. Since engine speed affects the oil pump speed and flow, PSI goes up with higher engine rpm, and down with lower rpm.
Okay, maybe I never just noticed it in my last car. I'm really really really hoping that this is just a fuel filter issue. The autozoner said he can hear my fuel pump working, and the car start just takes a few tries, so i would think a clogged fuel filter might be it! Hoping to go to the shop and find out tomorrow if i can get an appointment!

Old 05-19-2013 | 04:49 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Well, if the filter has never been replaced, then it can't hurt. Just don't be unpleasantly surprised if it doesn't help any either.

Old 05-19-2013 | 04:50 PM
|
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Well, if the filter has never been replaced, then it can't hurt. Just don't be unpleasantly surprised if it doesn't help any either.
aw damn, what do you suspect it is, fuel pump?

Quick Reply: Got youtube video of my camaro problem