Got my car back from Chevy

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008 | 09:13 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: Got my car back from Chevy

you get defensive when someone gives you **** don't ya? i just said it was funny that you put both comments so close together...it was like you contradicted yourself. ease up some man damn

Old 04-16-2008 | 09:33 PM
|
4th Gear Member

well im not necessarily happy right now... sorry.. Is there a website that rates repair shops or something.. i found alot of shops in my area but idk anything about them.

Old 04-16-2008 | 09:36 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

you had to ask didn'tyou? theres a site that does yes...but do you think i can think of what it is now? you totally put me on the spot there and i'm drawing a complete blank. shoot give me some time and i may be able to think of it. man that's frustrating. oh, and when you take it to another shop, say nothing about the dealership saying you needed a new motor. might be common sense but just thought i'd make sure

Old 04-16-2008 | 09:36 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

No.. no stalling problem.. Im going to call a shop up and get a quote to have em look at it. And i couldnt wait to get it.. i wanted one and i got one but now its falling apart and its the most depressing thing in the world.. im sure some of you know what it feels like..
I can tell you what its like, i just bought the 99 z28 as you know and I knew there'd be problems with it b/c it was only 5400 with 78k miles, but i may be in over my head. by tomorrow im expecting an estimate and at that point i'll decide whether to put money into it or re-sell it. I figure putting 2 grand into getting it to a driveable state wouldn't be terrible, asls1's are not cheap around here,but more than $2000 and i'll have to make a decision liek you

Old 04-16-2008 | 09:40 PM
|
4th Gear Member

lol sorry wham didnt mean to put you on the spot, i was askin in general. and bz it sucks man.. i feel you.. but u just bought the car right? without being told it had problems? if so dont you have buyers disclosure? The shop manager at the dealership i work at was telling me that if I had just bought the car the guy who sold it to me without telling me it had mechanical problems is liable under some disclosure or something like that. He told me if i were to try and sell my camaro i need to make sure I inform the buyer other wise i could be sued because they think they are buying a car thats in good condition..

Old 04-16-2008 | 09:56 PM
1st Gear Member

maybe if you buy it from a dealer/used car place, but i bought it privately so I think it's "as is." but either way i knew it had a misfiring cylinder, but for $5400 i was willing to take the chance. We'll see what they say. so far looks like there's a manifold leak (which i may just get a ls6 intake to replace it), misfiring cylinder, and some random codes like 02 sensors. So i just decided to buy it and take a shot, hoping that maybe fixing one problem may fix most of them, in which this case it might. the manifold leak may be the cause of a lot of the the diagnostic problems. If it ends up that I spend $7400 althogether for the car and its running perfect than that won't be a big deal. But i'm not gonna put $4000 into it just to get it running.

Old 04-16-2008 | 09:59 PM
Ninja Administrator

private transactions are "buyer beware"

Old 04-16-2008 | 10:02 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah, but i wasn't going to walk away from a ls1 with that mileage for that price. I figured even if i put some money into it to get it running, at worst i'd break even with what it would be worth.

Old 04-16-2008 | 10:07 PM
|
4th Gear Member

I found this on a consumer protection website.

The car I bought just days ago won't run anymore. I was told the car was next to new and had just been checked out by a mechanic. Is there any way for me to get my money back?

If you have unreasonable problems with a car you bought from a private seller, you may have to settle differences in small claims court or seek the services of a private attorney. Keep copies of contracts, receipts, bills, canceled checks - any document that will support your case if a problem arises.
idk what you were told when you bought your car... but this sure as hell would have been nice to know in august...

Old 04-16-2008 | 10:10 PM
|
4th Gear Member

So i was thinking and some of the problems im having seem to fall into the symptoms of a bad o2 sensor. Should i get new ones install em then take em to another shop to see what they come up with?

Quick Reply: Got my car back from Chevy