Got my car back from Chevy

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 06:01 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Got my car back from Chevy

Ever thought to yourself "Well, it's time to learn how to rebuild an LT1!" and maybe go that route? I just put an 8K motor in my Bronco, 4th motor/3rd year of ownership. I have well over 15k in the truck and letting it go for 6k. But, I got the 'maro and couldn't be more happy. It's all up to you though? Hell, pull the pan off and look at the condition of the bearings. A bearing kit isn't much and not hard to put it either, as long as you have patients.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:01 AM
4th Gear Member

yeah... sounds great any all.. but i dont have the money.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Spartan66, where you located at? I know around here you can pull an engine from the pick-n-pull for around $100 if you want to go that route. Think about it, a couple thousand for an engine and a car you like or much more for another car you may not even like at all. I know what you mean though, do what you need to do, not what everyone tells you.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:59 AM
4th Gear Member

believe me i called around all the pick n pulls in the yellow pages and none have a Lt1 out of a Camaro they dont even have any Corvette LT1s and i dont want to go the impala routeso i didnt ask about that. Ifi could id salvage this car but i cant right now it seems like its getting worse by the day and any money i would have in savings to rebuild it, id have to spend just to keep it on the road fixing small stuff, gas and insurance. like right now it needs new tires andpads n rotors too but if i buy those ill have to start again saving for the engine.. but if i dont ill probably die.. lol but whats the point in buying new brakes if the engine is falling apart anyway?...I feel like my bestfriend is dying or something.. itsucks..

Edit: oh and im in washington.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Ninja Administrator

how do u know you need a whole new engine?

Old 04-16-2008, 12:22 PM
4th Gear Member

well despite what chevy said it idles REALLY rough... like shakes the whole car.. almost violently and the knock is VERY audible. Its got nearly 130,000 miles and the guy who had it previously beat the crap out of it. I doubt i need a WHOLE new engine but a rebuild would be probably my best route and like i said before i need the car every day to get to school and work etc and i cant afford to not have transportation for any thing more than a day(my parents work alot so finding a ride would be a huge hassle and next to impossible). All in all the amount of time and money id have to put into it is too much and more than i have.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:26 PM
2nd Gear member

mwahahahahahahahaaha

sorry dude just had to get that out

just have them do it and get over it or pay the $68 to have it towed to anotehr place(continuously) or just part it out and sell the body for like a grand...?

Old 04-16-2008, 12:26 PM
4th Gear Member

I mean i feel bad for saying this but this dude in this hyped up M5 or something BMW dangerously shot a gap between me n this suburban doin 60 in the rain on highway 202and almost clipped me..i almost wish he would have hit me so i could finance a rebuild with theinsurance money.. lol

Old 04-16-2008, 12:28 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: baseballer91

mwahahahahahahahaaha

sorry dude just had to get that out

just have them do it and get over it or pay the $68 to have it towed to anotehr place(continuously) or just part it out and sell the body for like a grand...?
The car still runs n drives but its on its last leg and i kinda had that feeling.. ive been taking it really easy lately... i mean i accelerate so slow that it pisses people off sometimes.. i try not to put anymore stress on the car than i have to... So parting it out and selling it for a grand would just put me in a worse positionl.. the car still has some.. albeit very little.. value and i plan on trying to get that out of it before it becomes worthless.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Ninja Administrator

spartan, seriously man...... take it to a non-dealer shop with a good reputation and see what they say. "it idles rough" and "it probably would cost" are not good enough reasons to scrap a car in my book. go have it inspected by someone not looking to screw you over and worst case you still have to get rid of it but you only spent $70 to find out for sure

Quick Reply: Got my car back from Chevy