Gettin some things done! What about you?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Thumbs up Gettin some things done! What about you?

I think its awesome to finish up a project even though they may be small.. lol. I just got my 1997 Chevy Camaro v6 3.8 on saturday and finally I'll be able to drive it by tonight. Changed the old airfilter to a new K&N (not the intake kit, only filter), purchasing new clamps to replace the old broken ones. Also replacing the front brakes today and also resurfacing the rotors. That should be finished by 6 tonight, depending me and my friends work eithic ha. I should have the tag and plate within a couple hours, should of had it awhile ago but to busy with work. And of course I gave her a new wax job yesterday.. haha thats a must. Wish me luck!

(Will be posting new pictures shortly)

Anyone else accomplish anything lately?

Old 12-16-2010, 10:42 AM
2nd Gear member

Congrats on getting your Camaro on the road.

I haven't accomplished anything on mine lately... she's in the garage for the winter. After the holidays I will probably make time to start getting some stuff done.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:22 AM

Ha true. ya its really fun to get involved in. My girlfriends so excited to go out in it haha. I'm lucky cause my friend works at Hyundia, and he has unlimited shop time for items and whatnot ha

Old 12-16-2010, 01:47 PM
2nd Gear member

I haven't done anything to mine since Summer. I replaced the lid on the center console and put in a new shift-plate with a working ashtray lid. My old center-console lid was broken at the hinge (common problem) and the ashtray had been melted by a previous owner and it's spring-loaded hinge was gone. Now, it looks all new again.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:27 PM
4th Gear Member

Congrats on your car. Hunting season here. Camaros are on the backburner until hunting season is over and the temps get back up to at least 50! Maybe put some new tires on one in the next week or so.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:42 PM
May 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

my Z's back in the shop that built the exhaust, I needed to do some alterations because I wasn't really satisfied with their work the first time around. Hopefully I can get some stuff done over Christmas break.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:20 AM

haha right on to the both of ya! unfortunately i couldnt finish the brakes etc.. cause when my friend came over he didnt think to bring allen wrench keys and what do you know.. the calipter/rotors screws take the allen wrench lol... so by monday dude to taking to shop for resurfacin and whatnot..

Old 12-17-2010, 12:20 AM

due**

Old 12-17-2010, 08:30 AM
4th Gear Member

You will find, working on these cars, that your tool box will be needing a few tools that you might not already have, such as torx wrenches, fuel line disconnect tools, band aides, lots of band aides, torque wrenches, angle torque meters, code readers, etc etc etc.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:30 PM
May 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

don't forget zipties!

Quick Reply: Gettin some things done! What about you?