Future mods/wistful thinking

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 02:42 AM
4th Gear Member
Default Future mods/wistful thinking

Ok, heres a few things i threw together after goin over some magazines i got stored away. I was looking to do this to my car but questionedsome of itsince i have 123,4xx miles. I was looking for some advice on what would be safe and if it would work.
[ul][*]K&N or Moroso Intake[*]Magnaflow cat back[*]Magnaflow high flow cat (what diameter should i get?)[*]Pacesetter LTs[*]Tune... havent done alot of research.. any ideas?[*]Eibach springs[*]3.75in Eaglecrank[*]billet steel4 bolt main cap conversion[*]6 in H BeamEaglerods[*]Forged SRP slugsthat give a 9:1 compression ratio[*]CNC-Ported AFR heads (210cc Intake)[*]LT4 Intake[*]Vortech S or T trim supercharger[*]smaller driven pulley for greater boost pressure[*]Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump[*]Accel 48-lb/hr injectors... or Holley75lb/hr depending on how far i go[*]Planted on 265/35-18 and 295/35-18 tires[*]Bullitt style rims[*]adjustable IAS-series coilover dampers[*]Weld in subframe[*]Lakewood lower control arms[*]adjustable torque arm[*]adjustable panhard rod[*]12 bolt with 3.73:1 cog and limited slip diff..[*]Cant decide on a cowl hood or a SS.[*]Also toying with painting my car black.[/ul]
Now this is just some ideas of things id like to do in the LONG run.. but i worry about how long my engine will last.. which of these are realistic on a high mileage engine and which would be best saved for a new engine or my next car? Or should i just save the money i would spend on all that and buy a block to play around with?

Old 12-18-2007, 09:41 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Future mods/wistful thinking

i have the moroso cold air and its great. 20 horse upgrade from stock

Old 12-18-2007, 11:47 AM
3rd Gear Member

If you're looking to keep the car for a while then I'd go for the rebuild especially if your car has a lot of miles. Save up now and when the motor goes south for the winter then you have the cash to build a better mantra. All of the add on's can wait.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:46 PM
4th Gear Member

Yeah, thats what i was thinking. I was also thinking i could get all the other components in the mean time, exhaust etc. all the stuff that i could transfer over.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:58 PM
4th Gear Member

Heres what im doing for sure:
[ul][*]CAI[*]Pacesetter LT[*]custom Y[*]Highflow magnaflow catback (still dont know what diameter i need exactly)[*]Magnaflow cat back[*]Cowl/SS hood.. cant decide..[*]Paint the car black... some day but im going to do it..[*]Torq-Thrust II rims.. or atleast that styleI would like bigger/fatter tires in the back too[/ul]