Front bumper and fender mounting parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Red face Front bumper and fender mounting parts

Anybody have a link they can point me at where I can get all the parts needed to mount a new front bumper and front fenders (quarter panels) on my 94 Camaro? If it makes any difference, it's a 3.4 with auto trans.

Car is my daily driver over in Europe and I need to get all the parts here and take them with me when I fly back to go to work there. Body was in good shape until some guy backed up and hit my car just ahead of the right front wheel. When I crawled under the car to check out the damage from the inside, I see that all the metal brackets and other parts are completely rusted out and need to be replaced. I have the tools and place to do all the work. What I've ordered so far is a new bumper, new fenders and the headlight header panel. What I can't seem to find are all the metal brackets and any other mounting hardware I need.

Any help much appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails Front bumper and fender mounting parts-img_2221.jpg  
Old 06-04-2012, 03:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Generally all those things are reused, so finding after market pieces will be unlikely. However there is always the dealer; More realistically, you can try a Junk Yard, eBay or the pull it your self junk yard (My recommendation) I recommend the You Pull it Junkyard so you can practice on a wrecked car and can keep all the nuts and bolts, since those may be rusted also.

Also, don't forget the rubber strip that goes on the Doors/Fenders. Those do not come with the new fender.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Taking a look at your picture, I really don't think you need to replace as much as you purchased. I really don't think you need any new parts at all. You could probably remove the inner fender well and use your hands to pull the bumper cover back into place. If you pull/Push it all from the backside and at the same time, without disconnecting anything, it will most likely go back to normal.

If you are not sure what I am talking about, You may want consult a body shop. It may take less than an hour of labor to fix the body (but much more for a new paint job of course) Here is a video of the BASIC CONCEPT I am talking about
You would probably not need a heat source for your car, but if you do, use a heat gun, not a hair dryer.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Banned

Many parts are discontinued from the dealer. I'm always their seeing if its still available. Not much for 94, but they still make some stuff. You gotta call or go in and ask if they still make/sell each part one at a time. Otherwise, Classic Industries is the best place by far to get any odd ball parts/brackets you'll be needing. They sell all the parts you'll need.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:30 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Old 06-20-2012, 10:26 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions! The repair definitely requires some parts, especially some metal ones, as well as replacing the headlight mounting bar, which is made of plastic and is broken. I met a guy over in Needles, Calif that is connected with most of the area junk yards and he has found some cars for me that have intact front ends, so I'm going to go shopping and pulling parts this weekend!