a few different topics

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Thumbs up a few different topics

first off i got all the lights for the car as i was planning and i have the side rear lights put on and the third brake light on also now the front turning signals... how do i replace those? will i have to remove the bumper or is it easier that im thinking?

now the engine and tranny
i want to get the ls series engine will it be an easy swap? i have the 3.4 v6 and ive read multiple times in this site how difficult it is to get the v8 swap but its usualy for the lt1 5.7 i wanna know is it just as difficult to swap the ls1 as it is for the lt1? also i wanna keep the standard tranny will my 5 speed bolt up to the ls1/lt1? if not is there a standar tranny for the ls1? does anyone know what its called (ex. 4l60e) and please i dont wanna hear about me selling my car to get one with a ls1/lt1 already in it i already know this but its a project for me something i can say i did so i just wanna do the swap
thanks for all the info its deff. appreciated

Old 03-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Droid

Swapping an Lt1 for the 3.4 , in your car, will be easier than swapping in an LS1, but either engine will be a royal PIA. You really don't want either of those engines attached to your 5 speed box as it will soon grenade. That is why the factory never used the T5 transmission behind a V8. A T56 would be the way to go. These questions have been asked numerous times, and if you search the stickies there is a detailed procedure on how to do it.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:07 PM

thanks z28pete i appreciate it and i tried looking up the ls1 swap and didnt come up with anything also the swap to be honest the harder part of the swap is gonna be done by my uncle he loves hard to do projects and all i have to help him with is removing the engine getting him a soda lol and the finishing touches so i dont really mind how difficult its going to be and also what is the horsepower difference in the two v8's because if theres a huge gap in horsepower and tourqe then im just gonna go with the lt1 but if theres like a 20 hp difference the lt1 here i come and i hate that i have to lose the 5 speed but i gotta do what i gotta do automatics here i come i guess

Old 03-16-2012, 09:08 PM

im sorry i meant LS1